Csa?

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Wondering anybody would be interested in starting a CSA type of arrangment here in colo......I could coordinate for you all some of the best local foods from here in western colo. We are very active in the local small scale farm scene and i can honestly say we got the best food in the world right here where we live.
Raw cow and goat milk, butter, cream, raw cheeses of all kinds, grass fed beef, pork, roasting hens, eggs, all fruits and veggies. Would be willing to set up a direct farm to table situation no middle man mark up involved win win situation.
Posssibly members could take turn driving to pick up . I could arrange farm tours to see the farms and meet the farmers. Also theres tons to do out here, camping, know of spots nobody goes, fishing, wine tours, hot springs, could be a blast..2 birds with same stone, pick up real food, and a get away from the city. We could also send by other means as well...
This is not about profit. This is about sharing my passion for real food.. thanks CM...

Onespark

Onespark

yes

You can count me in. This sounds great. PM me I am in the big city and I love the sound of this. Lets get this going!

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

I've very interested! I live on the Front Range, but I'm in the NW part of the state at least once per month, especially in the summer. I'd be happy to contribute anyway I can...I've been bitching about shitty Safeway/Whole Foods produce lately anyway, and the Boulder Farmer's Market is overpriced and far too niche, IMO.

I

IVIars

I think the senate passed a bill about farmers markets earlier this year. I know you cant sell or be compensated in any way with giving out unpasteurized and homoginized milk. Its a great idea though, i miss getting milk straight from the tank

K

kuz

Something about the farmers stand has to be a certain distance from the farm? But its okay to drive it to the mall parking lot and sell it

I dont really want raw milk, but i think they got around that by basically selling a person the cow, on paper they owned it, I guess its legal to drink raw milk from your own cow. Something like that. Kind of like what some are considering here, sell the plant, then take care of it for the owner. You have 30 plants at your place but you only own 3 of them. I'll let someone else try it first.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Can sell shares, you buy a share of the goat, you are part owner, pay me to milk....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
BTW theres not many foods as nutritous as raw milk...I drink a gallon a day, have for over 10 yrs., never goten sick from milk yet. Matter of fact it helps prevent

R

RMCG

Grass fed beef, Raw Milk and Real Chicken/Eggs.

Ahhh The good ole days.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I sure do wish I were closer, I'd be totally down for this while we get our property going.

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Thank you but, no. I'll take my raw milk straight from my lady....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Human milk is actually very sweet and rather thin compared to cow's milk. Come on, man! It's practically manna from heaven.

Chickenman didn't say anything about a wimmin ranch, though.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Goat milk is the closest thing to humans milk there is. We provide it raw to parents who adopt. One mother reported that when they picked up their baby she was burping up the formulia. they told her not to worry. As soon as they got home they gave her our goat milk and instantly her eyes opened wide and she suckled like crazy and thrived...
I could just see it now..wimmin ranchin, come on girls time to milk, at least they could hook themselfs up to machine..

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Self-expression is a sight to see! :giggle

Melizzard

Melizzard

Wow I would LOVE to get in on that but don't think I could get there ... Unless there was a campout/gathering associated with it (since ya mentioned camping). Might be a good time/place for one since no one has mentioned getting that started again this year. Anyone up for some Farm camping this year?

But oh how I love raw milk/cheese and grass fed meat!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nephew comin thru metro area Tue. lives in Longmont. Anybody intrested in any farm goodies PM me.
Been working with another farm for info on farm goodies. My friends farm White buffalo organic farm is one of the oldest organic farms in the USA. His fruit is hands down the best. starting with cherries. they have black cherries that you just have to try, incredable. The pie cheeries are also top notch. Peaches, nectarines, plumbs, pears,, apples, all the best of the best. Produce starts happening end of june or so, but our farm can supply eggs, milk,and shares, pm for details. A farm campout tour would be awesome... I have ideas for camping by the Gunnison river, not rugged, showers, shelters, river close by, drive right up and camp, cabins also available can cook up a storm.....CM>>>

D

DoobyScoo

When I go out to that part of the state I don't mind the rugged.
How far are you from BV?
I make it out that way a couple times a year.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Ahhhhh but we need a spot a bit more remote ... For obvious reasons. Don't want the wafting fragrance to piss people off. Lol

Damn but I'd like some of those cherries. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to Denver, but not really. Lol. I love my small town in the mountains.

Xxoo
Mel

Nephew comin thru metro area Tue. lives in Longmont. Anybody intrested in any farm goodies PM me.
Been working with another farm for info on farm goodies. My friends farm White buffalo organic farm is one of the oldest organic farms in the USA. His fruit is hands down the best. starting with cherries. they have black cherries that you just have to try, incredable. The pie cheeries are also top notch. Peaches, nectarines, plumbs, pears,, apples, all the best of the best. Produce starts happening end of june or so, but our farm can supply eggs, milk,and shares, pm for details. A farm campout tour would be awesome... I have ideas for camping by the Gunnison river, not rugged, showers, shelters, river close by, drive right up and camp, cabins also available can cook up a storm.....CM>>>

Top Bottom