CSG and Herms?

• Thread starter Prestige
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Prestige

Prestige

Okay, I ran a couple of strains from Connioseur Genetics; The White and OG Chem, both hermed on me.

I have some other strains from CSG that I want to run, but am worried about herms seeding my grow. I've been doing my research and apparently this is a very common characteristic with CSG gear, but they say the male stamen is infertile and won't actually release pollen.

Any help? I know someone out there has to have experience with CSG gear.

The OG Chem hermed right from the get-go, I literally had nothing but males and herms out of 8 beans, I'm sitting on the last 4. The White S1 popped a few balls at week 6.

I know that with some strains, this is just something you have to deal with and cut the balls as you go. Not slamming on CSG or anything, because The White S1 looks like it is going to be FIRE, it jus has a few balls. This is a legitimate question, not trying to start a debate about vendor reputation or anything like that. I'm just looking for advice/ people's experiences.

(Note: my environment is perfect, so don't even go there, lol)

CageyBee

CageyBee

Gonna find herms to some extent in most gear. Its the plants nature. Pick the balls most of the time they don't come back

happylittle

happylittle

Ive been running the ogchem and have had this problem also. Shell grow great but when i flip to 12 hours she pops males along the base of budsites. If they can be controlled itll stop and i dont ever see them again. Still bomb smoke but Im not sure it worth polinating my garden as the pollen is viable on mine.
Ive been happy still with the ogchem just not sure Ill keep her long.
-J

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

glad it wasn't just me and the other guy running into F'n issues with CSG

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Gonna find herms to some extent in most gear. Its the plants nature. Pick the balls most of the time they don't come back

gonna have to call a little BS on that statement.

ive grown many strains from seed (est 15+), and only my CSG hermied and threw balls.

G gnome

G gnome

It aint just csg. Never had this problem w dutch gear i can say that

burn4me

burn4me

Never ran CSG gear but its a bog risk running s1 beans period. Some more steady lines than others but still a risk none the less. I did the s1 thing and didn't like the outcome so I only get reg now.

Oh yeah, not saying it is but other things can cause herms too, stress, etc.

soserthc1

soserthc1

gonna have to call a little BS on that statement.

ive grown many strains from seed (est 15+), and only my CSG hermied and threw balls.
When u first posted here weren't u the one with a strawberry CSG line that hermed .
I have grew many strains from seed and knock on wood never had herm issues , just about every other but no herm
I was enjoying there new listings (CGS) but seems like to much of a risk now but I would love some more Casey beans to look thru

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

yes, me and another grower popped same strain, same time, 5+ states away from each other. both hermied with balls days apart. see my sig.

I flushed all my remaining CCG seeds down the shitter. I cant afford another full ass room getting jacked up.

granted I did find 1 keeper from the 5 I popped. and after the he/bish pollinated my room, the GG#4 right in front of the he/bish, I got about 30 viable seeds. ill be popping 1-2 at a time and flowering them out looking for a STABLE non he/bish plant. glueberry is the strain name.
has the glue leaf twist, but strawberry leaf look. if it takes me 30x to find a keper, or 30x for a total bust, I have the space and time to grow them out.

Last edited:
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

authentic gorilla glue #4 will have a leaf twist apparent all thru veg. its one sure way you have a legit glue cut and not a fake. a finger on a leaf (almost every leaf) will almost twist around.

same goes for my chaos (GG#4 x undisclosed male cross), and my glueberry cross all have the leaf twist.

Top Bottom