CSI-Humboldt "Three Queens" grow...........

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Wide angle lense, no light filter on.............day 12 in flowering.

IMG 1021

sshz

sshz

So, the tallest plants in the room, the back row of 4 plants are Ethos 10th Planet R1, which is Planet of the Grapes X The Pluto Cut of Quattro Kush. The 4 were either pinched or femmed and they still managed to be the tallest. Remember, 6 of the 10 popped turned into mutants and were killed off. Then we have 2 of "The Big Fuck Up" also by CSI-Humboldt, which is EITHER Sour Diesel OR Hash Plant X Humboldt Snow- front row to the right and second row behind the first one. Obviously, male pollen from both plants was exposed in the breeding room with the Humboldt Snow- thus, the name The Big Fuck Up. These were freebies. The rest, 16 plants of Three Queens. 22 total plants in the room, all under 2000 watts HPS.

Everything is either 100% indica or mostly indica, and everything should be done around 70 days. But if the The Big Fuck Up ends up having Sour Diesel in it, figure 11 weeks but at this point I think they are both Hash Plant hybrids (mainly being there is no massive stretch which I would expect with a diesel. Overall weight so far doesn't look great, I'm thinking I should have added another week to the veg period or pinched here and there to increase some bud sites. Bubba Kush isn't a great yielder anyway, so we'll see how it goes.

So going forward, I'll start fertilizing with a 50/50 mix of veg and bloom fertilizer onward til the end of week 6, then 2 weeks of straight bloom and then a 2 week flush. I'll cut back the Cal/Mag now that the deficiency is over, maybe to 7-8 ml per gallon as a maintenance dose.

sshz

sshz

Just some comments up late Friday night (actual just past midnight), a photo up tomorrow which is 3 weeks done flowering.

The room is doing great, more than happy at this point. Many of the plants have grown tall enough that I'll have to stake a bunch of them in the near future. Most of the 3 Queens, with that Bubba influence, have grown 1 large main stalk with some minimal branching that sticks close to the main stalk- very unusual. I'm used to more branching angling out more. I also pay a lot of attention to leaf angles to the light source- this helps me analyze if the plants are getting too much/too little light. They are perfect, but I raised the lights up quite a bit as it's in the 90's here outside, and the room tends to run a bit hotter because of it. I don't want any heat stress so lights were moved up and will continue to be as buds develop more. Keeping the ppm around 1000 every other watering and then go to 800-850 ppm the next time, pH always in 6.2-6.3 range until very late in flowering (when I raise it to reduce N uptake a bit more). Cal/Mag has been reduced to 7ml-8ml in every gallon of water- that seems to be where they like it. Smell has come on, but not terrible yet. I know these will get worse as the buds form. Watering every other day. I lollipopped the bottom stuff on all the plants I could reach to make it easier to fertilize. Lastly, giving the plants 2-3-5 Botanicare Pure Blend Pro, and thinking about upping the N a bit more as I see some lightening of color going on and with 7 weeks to go, I want them a bit darker moving forward. Oh, some big friggen BUBBA sun leaves too, they are monsters.

Back on tomorrow.

Evr1sFavKush

Evr1sFavKush

I stand corrected. It was 7 seeds a pack, I got them thru Hella Dank Seed Co out of Nevada. So 5 of those seeds either didn't pop or were very slow to grow out initially and fell behind. They were breeder packs, I have full confidence on that. I expected to lose a few of those since they are older seeds, from 2017 I believe. I'm still trying to get a hold on the Cal/Mag deficiency, as I use R.O. water and just didn't have it high enough the first few weeks- I'm up to 15ml per gallon for 2 more waterings, then it should be corrected. Bubba is known to be a high Cal/Mag user, I forgot about it as I've grown numerous Bubba things in the past. Also quite slow growing in veg.

Yup, very disappointed with Ethos at this point. I probably have more posted grows of their stuff than anyone else on the net, most come up first in a Google search. But I'm done with them. I started with their Citral Glue, which was very good........and then hit or miss from then on. Weight is almost always very high, potency is almost always sub-par. Not even mentioning the hermies, which is prevalent in many of their strains too.
Excellent! I think you started a trend cause they are sold out now even on CSI’s store for sure. I found only 1 site with a few packs but not sure if theyre legit. Plants are looking great. Good job bud

sshz

sshz

When I went hunting for them, I used my normal go-to seed banks and no one had them. I didn't check THCFarmer as I only like to get my beans from USA locations these days- there's plenty of placed reselling now, there's no reason to go out of the country and take a chance they are intercepted- and they arrive quicker too. I eventually found 3 packs, but would have liked to have 1 more. I hunted for a number of grow reports on them before deciding to go with these- all were raving reviews or I wouldn't have bothered with them. I also found it interesting that there are over 60 hybrids listed with OG Raskals WiFi on www.seedfinder.eu- this alone speaks volumes of the strain-and lets not forget 2nd Place in the High Times Cup in 2017.

Day 26 today into flowering- the plants really took off this week. Stalks grew thicker, buds grew a lot bigger. Still over 90 degrees almost every day here, my summer crops are never as nice as the winter ones and I directly attribute that to room temps. The only distressing thing about this room is the unevenness in height- I even had to lift a few plants up higher with reversed pots worrying about them getting overshadowed by the taller ones. The Bubba leaves are so monstrous, they are great light blockers. I also had to jump the Cal/Mag back to 10ml per gallon- they obviously love their Cal/Mag.

I've been trying to remember other Bubba stuff I've done, and it's at least 4-5 things over the years. Most of these ended up taller than the Bubba stuff from the past. OG Raskal's WiFi was 60/40 sativa over indica, so I expect the stretch came from this side. I've had Bubba plants grow 16 inches total, after a month veg. LOL

Pic's up on Saturday, at 4 weeks..........

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

It's interesting how sensitive this strain is to Cal/Mag.......I keep trying to dial it back, and each time I do I notice some distortions in some sun leaves- not a lot and not bad, but I still notice it. So, I had dropped it from 10ml to 7ml and a week later I started to see irregularities . Back up to 10ml gallon. I completely stop it at the end of week 8, as Botanicare recommends stopping 2 week short of the chop. Look at the first picture, sun leaf to the left for an example.

I've found a few gnats flying around so I sprayed around and in the pots, floor and walls (but not any buds) with some Flying Skull "Nuke Em".....it's citrus based, kills most of the flying critters and also eggs and larvae. I used to use it to kill mites until I found the PureCrop1.

It continues to hover around 90 degrees outside every day, I've raised my lights to their highest setting, and the room remains comfortable and slightly humid. I'm watering everyday right now- staggering the watering - 1/2 the room one day, the other 1/2 the next day. Smell is somewhat noticeable but not too bad just yet. I expect it to get a lot worse towards the end- it's a BUBBA thing.

Saturday will be the halfway point- 35 days thru flowering. Easy grow so far, my only worry right now is yield........

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Today is day 49 in flowering, 3 weeks to go. I'm busy on other projects these days, don't have much time to spend here. I'll post up a summary when I'm all done and finished.
please do, great looking room. Have you considered painting that drywall out with some high reflective white paint.? You would notice a big diff in weight. But even without the white walls very nice run amigo!!! Peace

sshz

sshz

I have some time tonight to make some comments, but sorry, it's late night and the room is in dark mode............

Where to start........what's going on is exactly what happens when you grow multiple strains at one time. The room seems to be all over the place. I'll start with the two plants of the Humboldt Snow hybrid. These are way behind everything else- by almost 2 weeks I'm guessing. They haven't started to brown at all, so they'll be done in around a month meaning I'll open a 2nd room with a 600 watt HPS in there and let them finish in there after the rest of this room is chopped. I gave them a squeeze test tonight and they smelled great- this definitely has some sativa in it- and great yield it appears. The 4 Ethos 10th Planet are way in the back row and I can't see shit. They look solid, and don't appear done- but past that, no fuckin clue. The 16 plants of the CSI-Humboldt Three Queens are in various stages of finishing. Today is day 54 in flowering- CSI states a 55-60 day finish which appears just about right. Yield appears to be so-so on these, with an OG Kush appearance. Buds are rock hard, and the whole house and surrounding yard stinks. Glad we're supposed to get a bunch of rain the next week, which kills any outside odor.

So some plants don't need anything but fresh water from now on, and some still need a good dose of fertilizer- so it becomes more of a chore to keep it all straight and apply the correct thing. The wife asked me at dinner if I'm going to take a few weeks between crops this time.........I told her Hell no. Then she asked how long I thought I could continue doing this, at my advantancing age (63). We agreed I'd stop at 70. LOL (well I voted for 70, she didn't say a thing but shot me one of "those looks!!!"

I have also been dealing with a small gnat infestation. It started a few weeks ago, and I have those yellow sticky cards, like 15 of them, scattered and they've helped a lot. I also ran a root cleaner thru all the pots, to break the cycle of hatching eggs- so it's manageable, but still a pain as an occasional one or two migrate to other rooms. I'll bomb the room too after emptying and cleaning it, to be sure. Gnats live around 7-10 days each.

I haven't smoked now for 2 months, so I'm excited about drying a piece to smoke- maybe by next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom