Cucumber Production in Greenhouses using CO2 Generators

• Thread starter moussa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

moussa

Dear Gentelmen,

Hope all is well.

I am starting a new project for growing vegetables (especially cucumbers, tomatoes, and Pepper) using greenhouses over a land area of 20,000 meter square in Egypt (North Africa).

I have heard that once you use the co2 generators in your greenhouse production, it increases the production volume significantly. Meanwhile, I couldn't reach to exact figures over the internet.

I would highly appreciate if you may assist me in answering the following questions:

1) If the cultivated area in greenhouses is 20,000 meter square, how many carbon dioxide generators I have to purchase?
2) What is the expected volume produced per meter square for each of the aforementioned crops if the CO2 generator is used in processing?

I appreciate your response and support.

Sincere Regards,

Moussa Hawas, MBA
[email protected]

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Uh, I don't think this question needs to be in the Breeder Forums. And its okay man, you can be honest here at the farm, you don't have to say growing "vegetables"...we all know what you are really trying to grow....

1) 20,000 square meters is a huge area, this is a trick question because it would very much depend on many factors, including: how large will the plants be, what kind of plants, what kind of light exposure and nutrient levels will the plants receive, how is the airflow situated, and how well sealed is your greenhouse? A 20,000 meter greenhouse would be very hard to seal and at least 50% of the CO2 generated will be lost to the atmosphere. Also, there are many different brands, sizes, and capacities of CO2 generators. They will also add a ton of heat and humidity to the area, which needs to be considered.

2) Very hard to predict numbers like that, also very dependent on the plants, size, style of growing, light exposure, air flow, etc., etc., etc. If your greenhouse isn't performing well, CO2 won't make much of a difference. All other factors that come into growing healthy plants with exceptional yields must be near perfection before you can have a noticeable difference with/without supplemental CO2. But if all other factors are 100% dialed in, yes, CO2 will help yields in my experience by around 10-20%, but with other trade offs and expenses.

joeca1i

joeca1i

I read tomatoes and ganj. have similar needs.So if you can't find info here,check up on the tomato forums,or check youtube on tomato greenhouse's etc..

Top Bottom