Cultivation Permits.

• Thread starter Surfr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Is there any city's/county's in Southern California still offering cultivation permits? I'm talking on a commercial/warehouse level... I'm having a really hard time getting into contact with someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Thanks!

Blaze

Blaze

Good luck, its going to be a hassle. California is not actually offering permits for cultivation yet and won't be until 2018. You will not only need a state permit, but a local permit as well, and most counties do not yet have their programs in place. In fact as far as I am aware, Humboldt County is the only area in the whole state that has a functional local registration and permitting program. The local permits are by far going to be the biggest headache and the most restrictive - make sure you aren't in a county that has banned it outright.

O

OGwankanobe

Adelanto and Desert Hot Springs have cultivation permits. I would stay away from Desert Hot Springs as they have a ridiculous tax per square foot.($25 for first 3000 then $10 after that). I think Adelanto's tax will be decided by the voters this fall. Either way it is still going to be costly to get in the game. More cities should come online in the future.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Yep Adelanto is doing permits,application fee is 7500 i beleive.Lots of big money moving in there,even elon musk from tesla and spaceX is rumored to be investing along with a ton of movie and entertainment types.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is there any city's/county's in Southern California still offering cultivation permits? I'm talking on a commercial/warehouse level... I'm having a really hard time getting into contact with someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Thanks!
As mentioned previously, the cities in SoCal that have already gotten started are Adelanto and Desert Hot Springs.
Good luck, its going to be a hassle. California is not actually offering permits for cultivation yet and won't be until 2018. You will not only need a state permit, but a local permit as well, and most counties do not yet have their programs in place. In fact as far as I am aware, Humboldt County is the only area in the whole state that has a functional local registration and permitting program. The local permits are by far going to be the biggest headache and the most restrictive - make sure you aren't in a county that has banned it outright.
Not true my friend, the cities mentioned above are fully prepared to rock & roll starting now.

@Surfr if you're on Facebook there is a group dedicated to monitoring the bans, but also where the permitting structure is being allowed, and how it's being allowed. There are only a couple of local munis that are doing this, as you probably already know. Anyway, if you want a link to that group, which includes at least a few attorneys and where most of the information is good, contact me by private message and I'll give you the link. I already posted it up once but it lead to some crap going down with a member here and the group admin and I absolutely do not want a repeat of that.

Blaze

Blaze

Interesting, I did not realize that cities were taking it upon themselves, I though it had to be county wide. Shoot me an invite to that FB group would you please?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Interesting, I did not realize that cities were taking it upon themselves, I though it had to be county wide. Shoot me an invite to that FB group would you please?
Cities are Incorporated and therefore their own entity seperate from the county they are located in and able to make their own rules.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Thinking , what`s it take to incorporate a city?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
IIRC when the city of La Habra Heights did it, they put it on the ballot and put it to a vote. LHH did it because it uses an Orange County zip code, is an L.A. county area code and is actually *in* southeast L.A. County. They needed to better be able to contract for police services, but not fire as the city has one of the best volunteer departments in the entire state.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4913925_a-city-incorporate.html
Those that want to can, otherwise they're leaving it up to the county. I'll send you the link via FB, k?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

From what i understand any city or county that fails to adopt its own policies/rules then reverts back to california law as their guidelines.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, that's the current legal standing and the old March 1 deadline was why all these locals moved SO quickly to just ban.

Latest posts

Top Bottom