*Cultured Solutions drank with vertical and horizontal lighting*

• Thread starter All4freedumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
El Cerebro

El Cerebro

why mimic nature when you can manipulate it?
^exactly. i prefer rather to gradually decrease distance from lights to canopy from the start, then cut lights-on hours toward the end. if running mixed hps/mh, could switch to all mh for finishing (typically lower intensity lamps per same wattage, more UV/violet/blue for quality, but yield will suffer a bit compared to continuing mixed with hps)

i see no benefit to gradual sunset indoors unless you're capable of manipulating pf/pfr somehow with your lamps. just for fun i switch-off all hps and burn only mh for last 15min before bedtime to hit them with more far-red and less red (no idea if it's doing anything).

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I know that there has been discussions on the farm about mixed lighting, I was wondering your guys thoughts on straight hps vs hps/mh. I myself have never tried a run with dual spectrum or staggered mixed lighting. I do notice the plants at the end of the light cycle start to droop and get ready for bed, I never would of thought to soften up the light towards the end of the light cycle.. I've just always thought hitting them with efficient lighting all through the day was best.
I'm going to go check on things in a few. I'm hoping today is the day I can hit all veg bulbs on. I will take some shots either today or tomorrow.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

oh yeah, mix mh with your hps for sure, you'll love the quality boost. if they seem sensitive or fatiqued from the light i would just increase distance (unless it's extreme of course).

do you foliar much? that seems to help me a lot during transition, also saw JK talking about this somewhere in one of his trick-tip posts. just did some ksil foliar last night myself, they always love that one..

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I do foliar every 3 days or so.. They do seem to love it.
What light patterned would you think for staggering a mix of bulbs. I have overheads above each and verticals surrounding.. I'm only running two lights now because of some shock they incountered, im just letting them recover before blasting them. I Usually bang all veg lights at start of UC with plants this size but they were a bit ill upon transfer. I think I'll end up keeping one room and filling the other with the new clones..

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Well, things were picking up in the UC but when I walked in one room yesterday they are not looking too good. I had a week of them looking like this, some so bad all the Leafs looked this way. They all fattened back up and started looking nice again until yesterday. Now the tops are starting again. As I take sick plants out of the UC and transfer with backups, from a table I have set up undercurrent style, the backups start to get sick while the table starts to heal. The water in the table is the exact same mix as the UC's. 200ppm, 2ml UC ROOTS, 1ml Cal Mag, CS A&B @ 2ml, making 200ppm.

Clones are looking great and I think one room will be switched over to those ladies, staggering harvests between rooms.
IMAG0831

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

What light patterned would you think for staggering a mix of bulbs. I have overheads above each and verticals surrounding..
Consensus seems around 30-50% mh, might depend what your varieties like best. Personally i think your overhead+vert setup is ideal if they can handle all the light. Regarding postitioning, i might consider phototropism in the equation (controlled more by bluish wavelengths in the mh, but maybe hard to notice with a lot of lights in one room). The hps can encourage more stretch, maybe lateral bushiness too, so perhaps use this to adjust for your room parameters. Reflective walls factor in too, along with timing of adding the verts (after or late in stretch-phase maybe?)

For my last space i went with mh overhead and hps vertical. Although if the overheads are vented and the verts bare-bulbs, might work well the other way too, since most UV and a significant % of light gets lost behind glass. Maybe could also even-out the higher intensity of hps vs mh lamps of same wattage? ( i.e. 140k 'lumens' vs 95k respectively hps/mh for average 1k lamps, or some are using 600/750s in the mix).

I had to downsize and re-locate recently, but if ever back in a larger space i might try monocropping with half set up each way as a test. Of course some just rotate their bulbs around every few days but that sounds like a pain to me. Some switch back to all mh near the end too, and of course this is also better for vegging if you have enough gear. The 'enhanced spectrum' lamps make a difference too.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Well, things were picking up in the UC but when I walked in one room yesterday they are not looking too good. I had a week of them looking like this, some so bad all the Leafs looked this way. They all fattened back up and started looking nice again until yesterday. Now the tops are starting again. As I take sick plants out of the UC and transfer with backups, from a table I have set up undercurrent style, the backups start to get sick while the table starts to heal. The water in the table is the exact same mix as the UC's. 200ppm, 2ml UC ROOTS, 1ml Cal Mag, CS A&B @ 2ml, making 200ppm.

Clones are looking great and I think one room will be switched over to those ladies, staggering harvests between rooms. View attachment 245951

Did you use anything to clean/disinfect your system that's different from the norm that was possibly not rinsed out properly?

Plants look really ill, like they are being poisoned?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Did you use anything to clean/disinfect your system that's different from the norm that was possibly not rinsed out properly?

Plants look really ill, like they are being poisoned?

That's how I feel.. I did the same I always have. The system was super clean before this run as I took everything apart for a rebuild. I've also switched the water 3 times in the Uc. The first week in the UC I ran tea, being I was out of UC ROOTS and was waiting for shipment, they were slowly pulling out of it. After a week I drained and flushed with h2o2 and introduced UC ROOTS to the girls. They loved it, picked right up and all signs went away. 4 days later they were back, I flushed and remade stew.. Any ideas on what I should run through system to make sure there is nothing poisoning the plants. I'm not so worried about these as I have clones coming to take the place but I'd like to figure this out beforehand.
I cleaned system with bleach and water, scrubbed buckets with old tee, cleaned through all 3in PVC with tee and all 3/4 PVC was replaced and before refilling I filled completely with plain water, wiped buckets down, drained and refilled again with pure h20. After that rinse we used the shop vac and pulled out all the water. I refilled halfway and ran 24hrs with water and h2o2, then we drained and used shop vac again. Somethings not right..

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I'm going to do another drain and flush. I think I'll run ro and h2o2 for 24+ hrs and see where that leaves us. It seems with each drain and refill things get better, which leads me to agree I had something toxic in the UC. Strange that one room was hit harder then the other with the same steps along the way..

GenghisDon

GenghisDon

Niiice! Raptors are dope, not a huge Ford fan but I want one too.

Is your sedan White?

GenghisDon

GenghisDon

Word. I'll stop talking autobrotive and let you get back to problem solving.

Sorry I don't have the answer to this one.

D

Descrete

I am having a similar problem with my roots. In Veg everything is ok. When I transfer into the flower room I end up with rot. I clean my UC system between each run very well. I even use a pressure washer as a part of my cleaning. I replace all air stones, hoses etc. and wash everything. I set the UC back up put fresh plants in it and in a matter of days the roots look like they are developing rot. I am running UC roots now. Before I was running zone and still having issues. I am not sure what it is. I have fungus nats and I cant get rid of em. Have sticky traps all over the place and I have been bombing every few days. I also have some organic plants in the same room. I am wondering if the nats are hanging out in the organic soil and then transfering disease and or bacteria or whatever into the plants I have in the UC. Who knows......im still trying to figure it out. If anyone has any input i would appreciate it! This has been going on for months.....

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks a lot for that insight and opinions. That does make since to me, since starting this thread and Deacons post encouraging all the lights from start of flower I've been looking at things in a New light, I also think higher light from the start of flower or a week in is a good idea. I haven't thought about reducing light into flower. Thanks for giving me that to think about.. How much of a reduction have you done and what lights would you kill off? The outside verts maybe? Thanks again for your input, please stick around I'd love your insight along the way..

Id turn all of them on from day one and ramp up the humidity with some commercial humidifiers.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Id turn all of them on from day one and ramp up the humidity with some commercial humidifiers.

I am pretty sure I will be banging all lights from the start of flower. Thanks for your input..

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

It seems I have got things under control in the two rooms. The girls have really started to pick up and I think after one more week of solid healthy veg I'll be ready to flip. Having that table running as a back up really saved my ass. I will be cutting clones off the girls that are left on the table for next round. One room is Alien * Fire Og and the other is a Sour Og cross.. I'll post more pics at the flip.. Thanks for all the input and thoughts...

IMAG0950
IMAG0952
IMAG0953
IMAG0955
IMAG0954
IMAG0956

Latest posts

Top Bottom