Cuomo plans executive order on MMJ

• Thread starter fractaLz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractaLz

fractaLz

I would agree with that, however Florida looks like it could go in next couple years... Look at how long it took some of those states to re-legalize alcohol. Going to be a little Smokey and the Bandit action going on down there all over again

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

things are gonna get bogged down when it comes to the deep south of the USA. we are light years behind any legalazation of any kind.

You may not be wrong, the south will be very reluctant to allow Cannabis legalization; so will the midwest in areas like Oklahoma, Nebraska and Kansas. But the days of federal legalization of recreational and medical Cannabis are upon us. That federal legalization may give them little choice. Even if the states or counties retain laws that outlaw Cannabis it will be significantly more difficult for them to enforce those laws and prosecute those who do break the law. So even in the unfriendly areas Cannabis users may find some level of reprieve.

chikken

chikken

I'm sure when the rest of the country has been legalized and the deep south is left out, our politicians will come dragging , kicking and screaming to the party. I'm just glad to see the states that are coming on board and the ones already there, progress is being made. but the south will be the last to come on board.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Some states may choose to take the ''dry county'' approach but their is plenty of alcohol even in a dry county,you just have to travel out to get it.Things are gonna change quickly no doubt.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I'm sure when the rest of the country has been legalized and the deep south is left out, our politicians will come dragging , kicking and screaming to the party. I'm just glad to see the states that are coming on board and the ones already there, progress is being made. but the south will be the last to come on board.

Yeah, this is pretty much it.

Some states may choose to take the ''dry county'' approach but their is plenty of alcohol even in a dry county,you just have to travel out to get it.Things are gonna change quickly no doubt.

This is the exact scenario I see playing out.

Cuomo's proposal is very interesting. I do wonder what ailments they will eventually include in this law. Obviously simple aches and pains, even chronic ones will not be included, but will it include arthritis, gastro-intestinal issues, insomnia, depression? What kind of proof will be required? Regardless of either of these I am glad to see another state allowing the use of medical Cannabis. I think it is especially good and important that it is New York that is now considering the law. I have always felt New York and California are the two biggest influences on culture and politics in the US. California has had its medical laws for almost 20 years now, and if this does come to fruition in New York, we may be much closer to seeing federally sanctioned medical Cannabis laws created. Maybe on Obama's way out of office.

I was also very shocked to see there was already technically a provision on the books that allowed for the use of medical Cannabis in New York. You would think a group like NORML or DPA would have caught that and exploited its existence.

I was also intrigued that a law allowing the use of medical Cannabis would not provide for some means of producing the Cannabis. I understand that within the state it is illegal to produce marijuana, but I imagine other states had laws about growing Cannabis on the books before they went medical as well. So why would the Cannabis have to be procured from the federal government?

chikken

chikken

Cuomo's plan is a crack in the door way, or an opening of the gate. And I think the beginning of things to come for New York. It's got to start somewhere, somehow and who knows what may come of it.

Top Bottom