Cupping & Drooping

• Thread starter Muzungu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Muzungu

Muzungu

Cupping  drooping
Hey all. Noob here. Need some help if possible! I'm getting severe cupping and drooping in my white LSD. Plant is eight weeks in (veg). Running HPS 16/8 indoor in soil. Temps with lights on at 25c/lights off 18c. RH was at 60% but I've dropped that back to 40% in the last few days (was concerned was too high at 60%). Running oscillating fan when lights on/off during lights out. Initially thought it was under watered so watered 2 days ago without any noticeable change. PH 6.5-6.8 and EC on runoff is 1.6. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Cupping  drooping 2
Cupping  drooping 3
Cupping  drooping 4
Cupping  drooping 5
Cupping  drooping 6
Muzungu

Muzungu

In soil. Medium always feels dry but I must admit I thought it may be over or under watering (I struggle to tell the difference). I have had others tell me it's everything from under watering to low N. I did wonder whether the high RH meant she was drinking primarily through foliage rather than through the roots if that makes sense?

Leew421

Leew421

In veg you want 70% so don't worry about that. If it's light when you pick it up it needs more water. You can shove your finger into it to check.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

In soil. Medium always feels dry but I must admit I thought it may be over or under watering (I struggle to tell the difference). I have had others tell me it's everything from under watering to low N. I did wonder whether the high RH meant she was drinking primarily through foliage rather than through the roots if that makes sense?

only water when the planter feels light when picked up

Muzungu

Muzungu

Ok thanks! I'll pump the RH up and hold back on any more watering for the time being. Apart from not watering is there anything I can do to speed up the process or is patience the key here?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

Ok thanks! I'll pump the RH up and hold back on any more watering for the time being. Apart from not watering is there anything I can do to speed up the process or is patience the key here?

here is what I would do if it is over watered as I think it is id LOWER rh u see on the leaf where the edges are turning up that happens when the plant is trying to vap water off so bring up rh is just going to make it worse

for the soil put a fan blowing on the soil that will make it dry out a lot faster

Muzungu

Muzungu

I think you may have just hit the nail on the head. Just re-read the strain review. PH should not exceed 6.5 and I'm at 6.8 sometimes 7.0. That coupled with excessive water is probably the culprit. Note also the review states 800 watts is ideal per m3 and I'm only running 400 HPS. Although I think the lower light levels account for the slow growth as opposed to cupping/drooping and purple stems. Here is the review if you're interested! http://grow-invalid.com/strain-reviews/white-lsd

Latest posts

Top Bottom