Cure On Concentrates

• Thread starter Cntrlwolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cntrlwolf

Cntrlwolf

anyone have thoughts on cured waxes, shatter, rosin?
Just got to thinking about it, I recently purchased 2 different strains of wax that were packaged a little over a year ago.
I mean, it's sealed. So I don't think it's oxidized at all. Just curious about people's experiences with it. Later

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Should be fine. Rosin especially is better fresh, but if the seal is tight you most likely kept most of the terps and not much should have oxidized if stored properly. Enjoy!

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I know my qwet dries out to a wax consistency after a few weeks in the silicone container. Let us know if it still looks like wax or if it was powder.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Just got to thinking about it, I recently purchased 2 different strains of wax that were packaged a little over a year ago.
I mean, it's sealed. So I don't think it's oxidized at all. Just curious about people's experiences with it. Later
I wrap my concentrate in parchment paper, tape it closed. Put it in an airtight plastic container.

I have concentrates over 8 months. Pulled out a gram a week ago and its as fresh as when i bought it.

Cntrlwolf

Cntrlwolf

Both the grams were great. If anything it gets a little sugar hash like in that, when you use the dab tool to get a dab, it cracks not just mushes off the paper

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Curing is kinda for plant material... so when you rip all the trichs off the plant material there is not much to cure. No matter how its sealed up heat will destroy flavor. Are fresh concentrates better than stuff thats been sitting in a 90 degree garage/safe all summer?.. you bet ya.

Cntrlwolf

Cntrlwolf

Curing is kinda for plant material... so when you rip all the trichs off the plant material there is not much to cure. No matter how its sealed up heat will destroy flavor. Are fresh concentrates better than stuff thats been sitting in a 90 degree garage/safe all summer?.. you bet ya.
No man, this is off of sell by dates off out of a dispensary. I guess I was thinking about stuff I've read about hash making, and that the trichs are "maturing " for a period of time in between harvest and processing. Obviously heat and time will degrade just about anything.
I've also heard 2 trains of thought on curing flowers. Some swear it's the way, some say only certain strains have a long shelf life.
I feel like what I noticed, as one brand was 12 months old and the other was less than two months old, was the stability. Now that could be due to lots of things, but that was the main difference I noticed.

Top Bottom