Curing a staggered harvest: help please

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

Hey everyone, Im growing 3 plants from seed and some tops are ready before others. I harvested 3 tops last week, dried them for 6 days, and put them in a mason jar today.

Today 8 more tops were ready for harvest, and they wont be ready for jars for another week or so.

Next week I expect to harvest the remaining 8-12 tops.

So my question is basically do I need a different jar for each "harvest"? Im assuming I most likely will due to having to burp the newer ones while the older ones wont need to be burped.

But the jars I have are big, I could probably fit my entire harvest in one jar. So if I just have a bit in each one, each jar wont even be quarter full lol.

Anyway, would like to hear some opinions on this.

mrfxr

mrfxr

quote="irishboiii, post: 1334706, member: 45702"]Hey everyone, Im growing 3 plants from seed and some tops are ready before others. I harvested 3 tops last week, dried them for 6 days, and put them in a mason jar today.

Today 8 more tops were ready for harvest, and they wont be ready for jars for another week or so.

So my question is basically do I need a different jar for each "harvest"? Im assuming I most likely will due to having to burp the newer ones while the older ones wont need to be burped.

But the jars I have are big, I could probably fit my entire harvest in one jar. So if I just have a bit in each one, each jar wont even be quarter full lol.

Anyway, would like to hear some opinions on this.[/quote]
I

irishboiii

irishboiii

quote="irishboiii, post: 1334706, member: 45702"]Hey everyone, Im growing 3 plants from seed and some tops are ready before others. I harvested 3 tops last week, dried them for 6 days, and put them in a mason jar today.

I[/quote]

?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey everyone, Im growing 3 plants from seed and some tops are ready before others. I harvested 3 tops last week, dried them for 6 days, and put them in a mason jar today.

You could use new jars, but it seems a little redundant to me. I wouldn't bother with making sure each part of the harvey is in a new jar, I'd just do it.

mrfxr

mrfxr

You could use new jars, but it seems a little redundant to me. I wouldn't bother with making sure each part of the harvey is in a new jar, I'd just do it.
It's like tomatos, put'em all in the bag. They will ripen at their own pace and the ripe ones help the others along by emitting ethylene gas.

mrfxr

mrfxr

Only the 'fruit ' of months of effort and T.L.C. I also cure my hibiscus flowers in much the same way. They end up 'finishing' in the same jar.

Supercharge

Supercharge

It's like tomatos, put'em all in the bag. They will ripen at their own pace and the ripe ones help the others along by emitting ethylene gas.

Poor analogy, as flowers don't ripen, they mature. Nor do flowers use ethylene gas for this process.

My point is that ethylene gas doesn't affect buds...

Ethylene gas does in fact affect flowers, but I'm assuming you mean to doesn't cause ripening the way it does in fruit. Ethylene can promote senescence in flowers, induce flowering and inhibit flowering. None of these processes would help buds to 'cure' however.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Get some smaller jars Then use the big later. Can't hurt and u can taste sooner Now is the end of canning. There cheap.

orbiter252

orbiter252

Anyone have recommendations about what jars are best for curing?
There's some fancy ones on amazon that block out uv light... always just went with standard glass like ball mason if anything myself. What'd you guys use?

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Anyone have recommendations about what jars are best for curing?
There's some fancy ones on amazon that block out uv light... always just went with standard glass like ball mason if anything myself. What'd you guys use?

Any glass jar is fine, cure in the dark.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Glasslock jars look cooler. Ball lids suck.

Always wonder about tinted jars. Buds get way better when exposed to sunlight for a few minutes directly after chop, so not sure how its degrading through glass indoors.

Personally used spacebags, but this will be changing when i start back up since now in an arid climate, im having to double up to control things.

Space bags, yeah, Im picky as hell and never had a problem with plastic. The chlorophyll adds airspace instead of soaking into the bud, and you suck the air out through the port. Can purge and taste your cure without even opening. Very handy with a bad rap due to dry ass bud (seriously whos trichomes are effected by static?)

Latest posts

Top Bottom