Curing buds with low RH in jars

• Thread starter Kclmnop92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tycho

Bump

So I dried the crap out out of a few Plants..
I added some Tangerine Peels to the jars.. Amazing how well it works.. They are holding at about 55-60%RH..
I can just leave the lids closed far a few weeks without worry??
A few weeks isn't bad. But more than that, Oxygen becomes your enemy. Even if you vacuum seal the jars, oxygen is still present and is the only risk for mold at that point. I send out Oxygen Absorbers with my curing systems to finish off the cure. For home use, it helps with long term storage. But longer than 4-6 months, you should vacuum pack and freeze them. Walmart has oxygen absorbers you can use.

For really big jobs, I give them O2 or Nitrogen (depending on what they need).

30roll

30roll

I should clarify that I did take out the peels. I left then in long enough for the buds to soften up to a target 60 or so RH.. Some jars went down more than others but are all within 5%. That was Friday night-Saturday morning as I experimented.

Now today I noticed that the buds have settled under their own weight with the extra moisture, so now there's more empty glass in the Jars.. I bumped all of them to fluff them up.

I just don't wanna lose moisture that I had to add by opening Jars every day..

T

Tycho

I should clarify that I did take out the peels. I left then in long enough for the buds to soften up to a target 60 or so RH.. Some jars went down more than others but are all within 5%. That was Friday night-Saturday morning as I experimented.

Now today I noticed that the buds have settled under their own weight with the extra moisture, so now there's more empty glass in the Jars.. I bumped all of them to fluff them up.

I just don't wanna lose moisture that I had to add by opening Jars every day..
If you have large jars (1.9 liter - 1 gallon) every time you dip into it you're drying your bud more. Try filling a small jar to smoke from. That way you're opening your big jars less often.

Every time you "fluff up" your bud, you're knocking off trichomes. It shouldn't matter a whole lot because the majority of trichomes are inside your bud. Just be aware of it.

One last note. Your bud will get harsher and harsher, and you risk getting mold every time you rehydrate your bud.

Top Bottom