Curing Hitman OG

• Thread starter coszumel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

coszumel

First time grower here. Hung ladies for 4 days (desert climate) and placed into mason jars.
They have currently been curing for about 7 days. They have a really nice OG smell, but the
taste does not seem to be there. Unsure if this will come later in the cure process or
did I make a mistake somewhere. Any insight would greatly be appreciated

Cz

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

One very big factor that will absolutely fuck up everything about taste and make your buds smoke harsh is the flush. If you don't flush plants well enough, or at all, your buds are gone be packed with too much nitrogen, sugars, and starches. These make your bud harsh and not very pleasant tasting. With a bad flush comes a long long cure, but it will never compare to the bud if you would have flushed originally. It'll smell good still though.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

With a good flush you should have a desirable cure within 2 weeks if needed. I always prefer at least a month regardless. It's seriously like aging fine wine or whiskey in oak barrels. If your a true connoisseur you'll always make room for the patience of a good cure.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

First time grower here. Hung ladies for 4 days (desert climate) and placed into mason jars.
They have currently been curing for about 7 days. They have a really nice OG smell, but the
taste does not seem to be there. Unsure if this will come later in the cure process or
did I make a mistake somewhere. Any insight would greatly be appreciated

Cz
any chance you over dried?
maybe a few days in the jar with some humidpacks

C

coszumel

Thanks for the insight. I switched to straight water for the last two weeks and flushed (3xwater of 7gal pots) about 4 days before chopping. I'm hoping taste comes around in the next few weeks. Now it has a slight water taste but there is not any condensation in jars.

Cz

stutter

stutter

once my plants stop throwing new pistils and start swelling i start feeding half strength, the last 2 weeks i start flushing with straight water.

if you want real tasty buds slow that initial dry down. 4 days is quick, my drying process takes 3 weeks before it even hits the jars. you may have to try and keep humidity up a little (not too much). also try drying the plants with all leaves and trim still on, the more mass the slower they will dry and the better your results will be.

C

coszumel

No. Though if I squeeze em they compress. Never had smoke that smelled this
good but did not carry the taste of smell.

Cz

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Imagine how good they'd smell with a nice long dry. 7 days minimum of dry time. But longer is better. IME the taste will never come back.

C

coszumel

Walter,

I fear you might be right. Hey it was my first REAL time trying to grow. I was scared
to let them dry for two long. Plus I had to harvest about a week early due to a bout
with spider mites.

Cz

C

coszumel

For sure. Bad things don't happen to us they happen for us (c:

Cz

TH3WIZ4RD

TH3WIZ4RD

My sfv og was dried in paper bags for a week and has been curing in jars for about 3 weeks. I watered twice weekly with plain water for the last 3 weeks before chop. It has a light lemon skunk smell, smells good but not great. However the taste is amazing - hints of earthy pine and skunk on the inhale and the distinct og fuel flavor on the exhale. I gave a few clones to a buddy of mine and his smells like og kush , but tastes like dirt. It has no flavor other than the medium he used. Taking a bong rip of the og he grew tastes like eating a spoonful ffof. Weird eh?

B

BestAround

with a long slow dry.. after flushing well.. u should have amazingly great tasting bud.. EVEN BEFORE THE CURE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom