Curing In Vacuum Mason Jars.

• Thread starter Reedhopper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Reedhopper

Reedhopper

Hello all, I am new to Growing first grow. Getting ready to harvest my plants as they are very close trichome wise to being ready. Was wondering if anyone had any success curing in vacuum sealed mason jars with the 62% humidity packets? any info,suggestions, stories and/or help will be greatly appreciated.thank you.

Dunge

Dunge

What I know about Boveda packs is that they contain a blend of salts tailored to seek the specified humidity target.
I'd be concerned that reducing the pressure would confound the design.

What I try to avoid in cure is free oxygen. To this end I pulse seal mylar bags with an o2 scrubber pack inside.
Works great for me.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Broveda a packs don't cure your bud. They only keep the rh stable at a specific rh. That's all. It won't help suck high rh out of your buds. You must first burp your jars to 55-60% rh stable for 24 hrs, then toss in a Broveda pack to maintain freshness. I don't use the packs any.more. I found it does something to the odor of my herb.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I'm not sure how long you plan on storing, but basic quart mason jars stored in cardboard boxes in a closet with typical residential heating and cooling can keep bud fresh for a year, smokable for two years, maybe more. Stay tuned, I'll let you know, lol.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I had some of my.old prized Kyle Cushman strawberry cream vac sealed for 2 yrs. Good flavor, lost potency.

Reedhopper

Reedhopper

Will vacuum sealing my jars help with curing if I burp them daily?

Top Bottom