Curing Large Amounts Of Cannabis

• Thread starter LenettePhar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LenettePhar

LenettePhar

Hi,

I am curing several large batches of Cannabis. By large I mean 6-10 pounds a day. I am putting the manicured buds in turkey bags in food grade bins. My RH though is around 45. I am certain it needs to be higher for a correct cure.

Should I use boveda packs in the bags? How do I get the RH up to the 60's without compromising my harvests?

Any ideas or comments of the positive nature are welcome and encouraged.

THCdurk

THCdurk

I seen a video where a guy cures his buds usually large amounts in a vaccum seal pack it gets all the air out of it then you just burp it like normal. They have huge bags for vacuum sealing I'm sure you could fit a p per bag.

LenettePhar

LenettePhar

Do you think the turkey bags would be the same? I am thinking of getting boveda humidity packs.

THCdurk

THCdurk

Idk cause I know air can still get in Turkey bags can't it? This way with the vac bags there's no air at all keeping it fresh idk just my 2 cents. I'm sure other farmers will have input soon.

embaks

embaks

I'd invest into a vac sealer. You can get them off amazon for cheap.

sixstring

sixstring

I dont really know if your curing or drying but for curing you can just put it in food grade buckets and burp them daily until it gets where you want it.never used those bov packs but i have read alot of people like them.
You 2 look like your having alot of fun in the avitar pic :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi,

I am curing several large batches of Cannabis. By large I mean 6-10 pounds a day. I am putting the manicured buds in turkey bags in food grade bins. My RH though is around 45. I am certain it needs to be higher for a correct cure.

Should I use boveda packs in the bags? How do I get the RH up to the 60's without compromising my harvests?

Any ideas or comments of the positive nature are welcome and encouraged.
In my opinion you need a dedicated room or building for this kind of quantity. Yes, the RH needs to be higher for either drying or curing. In my opinion, drying is best done in the 50%-55% range, curing in the 60%-65% range.

I, personally, would be reluctant to use the Boveda packs after some of the things I've read about weed cured with them, becoming brown, losing scent and flavor. However, I have an entire basement I can use for drying and curing, which is done with the plants whole.

I use bins for storing trimmed bud, but I separate them in brown paper bags until they're vacuum sealed (that is only done when they're at *just* the right RH, and that can be very individual to the strain, with some being too wet at 65% and others being perfect, etc).

Everything posted above is just my opinion, based on my own experience. Others have differing experiences and opinions. :)

Bull Trout

Bull Trout

I agree with sea. If you are harvesting regularly build dedicated climate controlled rooms for finishing.

IMO...Any monkey can care for growing plants, creating a quality finished product that is potent and appealing is what separates the top from the rest.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I like the 62% Bovida packs.
5 gallon food grade bucket with a Gamma Lid. Fill 3/4 of the way with a Bovida pack in the middle.
I do let my buds dry out before I put them in the buckets.
3 days later, perfect feel to them.
I have had buds in storage for around 8 months and it came out looking great.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I like the 62% Bovida packs.
5 gallon food grade bucket with a Gamma Lid. Fill 3/4 of the way with a Bovida pack in the middle.
I do let my buds dry out before I put them in the buckets.
3 days later, perfect feel to them.
I have had buds in storage for around 8 months and it came out looking great.

I support this opinion. Never had an issue with the Bovida packs. If you are pulling 6-10 lbs a day you can't really trim/cure/etc to perfection like folks doing that amount per harvest could so the Bovidas would seem like a viable option to somewhat automate the process. I would also imagine it is moving quickly enough that it isn't really going to sit around for the recommended month plus to cure. Dry it, put it in your turkey bags with a boveda or two, then seal it and check for a week or so to make sure nothing wacky happens, then close it up for good and ship it out.

But...with that amount of weight it seems kind of silly to not just set up a proper drying room. You are kind of shooting yourself in the foot by taking shortcuts at that point in the game. Crappy drying and curing can make otherwise great buds kind of suck.

Top Bottom