Curing more potent weed or just a better toke?

• Thread starter MagicSeth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MagicSeth

MagicSeth

I am curing my bud and I have read all kinds of wacked out theories about potency versus taste etc.
Now I personally did an experiment, I 1/2 ounce of bud and put it in a jar and let it set for a month or little more. Now I have been smoking some killer weed since then but I cracked that jar of what I thought was average weed and its got me so stoned I am making this post...Whew!! So are there any curing secrets out there I am unaware of? You know that extra something you do to make that dank , danker?;) Anyone? Any? Buller? lol:)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Keep it away from Heat Light and in a container that isnot pourous and dont seal it up until the bud stops fluctuating in moisture and burn in it slow...whatss the rush lol peace!

Natural

Natural

My school of thought is this..if you quick dry it by the bud in 5 days and then burp them for a week..you risk drying them out too quick, if they get below 55% rh they get brittle and they will never cure(get better). The key is to stretch that first part out for 7-10 days hanging a tree (which helps if your room has low rh)..but if your drying room is dialed one could cut them into smaller branches. They should be sealed up with stem flex..below 70% rh, till they are burped and achieve a steady 55-60 % rh.. Then stow away. You could use a Caliber Hygrometer digital meter..some have enough crops cured to tell by experience.
With that said...hell yes a good cure can bring out flavor and potency. I think most start to shine around 6 weeks. Not to say though, that some weed you can pull a flower right off the plant and get stoned as fawk sopping wet..lol...but most weed fresh cure have that gnarly head rush and a not-s0-great buzz...6 weeks cure and there's minor head rush with a buzz that gets me really high. ..love it!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Its so nice that most mmcs take the time to fully cure their high quality medical grade meds, if we all just did like they do, we all would be so much better off.....

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

Now you're talking:) Man I am fawked up!! I am paying attention to curing for sure..WHEW!!!I was sweating///lol You can tell when I have some good weed . I come on here and post and LMAO ...:happy:

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

Now I have just tested some 5 day old weed from my grow...DAMN!!I am putting these suggestions to use like before I even came on here. If this weed has me stoned now ...wooo wait til this stuff has percolated for about 6 weeks ....:).. I was going to take some pics but I put that damn camera down and I cant find it...I am stoned...lol
:)

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

my head got flipped upside down all prince of bel air status coming out to CO....

here its like dry it as quick as you can, the longer it takes the more hay smell...

where as where i was before it was let it dry out longer, if it takes too short it will hay out on you

wtf haha.. humidity is the only thing i can think of... jumping from 50% to -20 like here in CO

not trying to fuck w your head, but i did my last crop just like i did in california, and turned out like shit here. haha. so take where people are as with their advice... FWIW

MagicSeth

MagicSeth

my head got flipped upside down all prince of bel air status coming out to CO....

here its like dry it as quick as you can, the longer it takes the more hay smell...

where as where i was before it was let it dry out longer, if it takes too short it will hay out on you

wtf haha.. humidity is the only thing i can think of... jumping from 50% to -20 like here in CO

not trying to fuck w your head, but i did my last crop just like i did in california, and turned out like shit here. haha. so take where people are as with their advice... FWIW

You're nuts!!My kinda guy...lol

S

Snowman

A good cure starts with a good dry. If you get your buds in the curing jar to early or to late you could be in trouble.

Read up on a few curing posts here at the farm. Like Natural mentioned you need to have the drying/curing process dialed.

Top Bottom