Curing Untrimmed?

• Thread starter Bisquick
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bisquick

Bisquick

Any of you guys cure untrimmed? It's just me and the wife, usually grow about 1.5-3 lbs a year. We just get exhausted trimming. Last year i put some aside and cured it untirmm'd but never got around to trimming it, just turned it into keif the other night as this years 10 plants are starting to come down. I want to trim the big and medium sized buds, but save the small ones to trim later. I'll follow the normal curing process.

Anyone else do this? See any negatives?

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Yeah. No.

Why was pre-trimming the default? Someone needs to burn all the old grow books!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Doesnt matter when you trim but trimming the leaves off the buds will taste smoother and better.

I cure all my bud leaf trim and small or loose buds for making infused coconut oil. I cure the trim in jars just like the buds.

But to smoke the leaves is quite harsher and “greener” tasting than the trimmed flowers.

We need our meds available to patients so we dry trim the flowers after hanging a week or two but it wouldnt matter if we left them on for the drying amd curing.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah. No.

Why was pre-trimming the default? Someone needs to burn all the old grow books!

And start believing all the new legal weed industry hype?

How are you an expert? You have a lot of negative things to keep saying but never show a plant pic or offer any actual information.

Sorry for the thread sidetrack.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Any of you guys cure untrimmed? It's just me and the wife, usually grow about 1.5-3 lbs a year. We just get exhausted trimming. Last year i put some aside and cured it untirmm'd but never got around to trimming it, just turned it into keif the other night as this years 10 plants are starting to come down. I want to trim the big and medium sized buds, but save the small ones to trim later. I'll follow the normal curing process.

Anyone else do this? See any negatives?
We dry trim. Sooooooooo much easier. Cut the whole plant down, hang upside down for 1 week. If it’s still taking too long to dry, cut the plant into smaller sections. Once it’s dry, we just pluck the fan leaves off and the sugar leaves just crumble off.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We dry trim. Sooooooooo much easier. Cut the whole plant down, hang upside down for 1 week. If it’s still taking too long to dry, cut the plant into smaller sections. Once it’s dry, we just pluck the fan leaves off and the sugar leaves just crumble off.

I agree. And trim all buds over a screened trim tray to collect tons of trichomes. Free dry sift. :cool:

Bisquick

Bisquick

I dry trim too. What I’m saying is that any issue with trimming it a few months after it’s dried :)

Bisquick

Bisquick

I agree. And trim all buds over a screened trim tray to collect tons of trichomes. Free dry sift. :cool:
Example. I had a few ounces from last harvest I still hadn’t trimmed. And now am pulling down this seasons. This is what I made 😂
58B64C30 9666 4022 81BE AEC233A703F3

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Example. I had a few ounces from last harvest I still hadn’t trimmed. And now am pulling down this seasons. This is what I made 😂View attachment 894461

The cannabanoids should be more naturally decarbed with the time elapsed.

What im saying is it doesnt matter when you trim. And the little untrimmed buds and leaves in my trim jars are all potent and fine untrimmed after 6-8 months. Never kept anything longer though.

Top Bottom