Curing With Boveda Packs

• Thread starter saltwater
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
saltwater

saltwater

A guy at a local grow shop sold me boveda packs and he said he throws his harvest in a bin with one of these packs and let's it cure so he doesn't have to burp anything or do anything.

Does anyone else have experience doing that?

I thought they were for mainly storage but now I have no clue... Need some guidance because my harvest is ready to be cured .

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I agree with that.
I also use them...

I get my RH close with a hygrometer in paper bags...
I use the bovidas with the hygrometer in the jars...

once everything stabilizes I remove the bovida packs...

Jar the bud up at the right RH to just cure on its own...

I seal the packs in an empty jar with the hygrometers to keep em constant and everything lasts longer...

best of both worlds... I use em, but dont leave em in there long to be changing the flavor.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Do it the natural way... learn to do it right, without any additional product.
Why do peeps always have to add some companies product on the promise of it curing better
or adding it to your flush water to get rid of salts.
The less "STUFF" you put on your plant the better.
When you start adding all this stuff...you become corporate...big tobacco does that...hmmmm?

That was not a throw on you saltwater... just saying, best to do with out all that. cause if you can't do it naturally and all the sudden that so product is not available... You're scwood... Trust yourself

Sorry...didn't mean to fly off like that...lol

G gnome

G gnome

Do it the natural way... learn to do it right, without any additional product.
Why do peeps always have to add some companies product on the promise of it curing better
or adding it to your flush water to get rid of salts.
The less "STUFF" you put on your plant the better.
When you start adding all this stuff...you become corporate...big tobacco does that...hmmmm?

That was not a throw on you saltwater... just saying, best to do with out all that. cause if you can't do it naturally and all the sudden that so product is not available... You're scwood... Trust yourself

Sorry...didn't mean to fly off like that...lol
Testify!!
I agree 100%.
Products are not solutions.
For every problem theres a product.

H

hawkman

Use 62% boveda packs - hydrometers work well - neve thought that the packs would change flavor -will keep that in mind. But do agree with everybody !

xavier7995

xavier7995

Use 62% boveda packs - hydrometers work well - neve thought that the packs would change flavor -will keep that in mind. But do agree with everybody !

Same, didn't really notice much of a flavor change and they make it awfully easy to cure. I leave them in as I wind up just smoking out of my big jars so the constant open and close action makes it get overly dry and the bovedas help mitigate that.

H

hawkman

Never thought of the taste change - agree they do help with the cure

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I'm using 62% boveda packs this year because I plan on storing some meds until next summer. So I do it the natural way, then I throw a boveda in for a couple days to get the humidity exact and consistent, then I seal it up and store it. No idea if it works any better, but I've never stored weight for 6 months either. We'll see.

H

hawkman

I'm using 62% boveda packs this year because I plan on storing some meds until next summer. So I do it the natural way, then I throw a boveda in for a couple days to get the humidity exact and consistent, then I seal it up and store it. No idea if it works any better, but I've never stored weight for 6 months either. We'll see.
There are good for long time - they only get the RH (relative humity) to a specific % - can't really see how it could hurt taste at any rate it would help it remain the same. One can purchase 70% t0 50% RH packs

ken dog

ken dog

My friend accidentally let his get down to 56%, and the 62% bags raised it back up to 62, and added weight back.

Get a hygrometer... & I have not noticed the bags changing the taste in any way shape or form.

Top Bottom