Curing

• Thread starter Juddz2891
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Juddz2891

Juddz2891

Question when I'm curing in the jars am I jus looking for the consistency of the humidity n temps..also how shud it b burped if it's consistent in the curing zone

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Consistent temps and humidity are just what you want provided they are both within a reasonable range. Just open the tops of the jars if it's pack in a lil on the tight side sometimes I take it out after a sweat and brown bag it up for another half hour to an hour, just in till the outside has got the crispness I'm looking for then back to the jars and I continue to do so until they lose the the dampness texture after a few good sweats it should pull all remaining moisture from the inside out. When the thickest stem/stick/stock whatever ya call it snaps clean off go for one more sweat you cannot rush perfection. Kinda like flowering when u think it's done wait a week. When u think it's fully cured go for another sweat lodge.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

organic what rh do u have when u put them n the jar before n after the first burp??/

H

hawkman

Generally it takes at least 30 days or more - but for early curing some only use 15 days. Opening jars on a daily basis and storing in a dark place The longer the better !

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

To say and exact temp when and where I jar up I couldn't tell you honestly same temps tho roughly give or take 5 degrees. I don't crop out downstairs in the rooms I mostly do the trim work at the dinner table or in front of the tube but still average room temperatures.

Juddz2891

Juddz2891

Sorry for the late reply been mad busy this week but my ranges are between 60-70 temps and 60-63 on humidity but the only thing is my smell isn't consistent but my temps are when I open it gives a strong smell but after its like it goes away but i jus left them alone a couple days

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Sorry for the late reply been mad busy this week but my ranges are between 60-70 temps and 60-63 on humidity but the only thing is my smell isn't consistent but my temps are when I open it gives a strong smell but after its like it goes away but i jus left them alone a couple days
Yeah man some strains just don't produce the stanky dank skunky smells most heady folks are lookin for lol. It is normal tho to smell a big strong gust of heavy dank then the scents will mellow out after jars have been open a few mins. On most strains not all lol heavy hitters like RKS, some diesels and kushes just stink the shit outta everything within 100 meters. No filters, fans or deodorizers will ever completely mask the scents of some strains... Them cuts are the keepers.

Top Bottom