Curious about Nutrients

• Thread starter Bclivin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bclivin

Bclivin

I'm currently feeding my plants a seaweed extract nutrient and a bit of fish fertilizer. It seems to be working very well but I'm curious about what to feed them when I get to the flowering stage. They were planted outdoor from seed on April 1st. I live on Vancouver Island which is a very easy place to have an outdoor plant flourish. Any tips are greeted with great appreciation. The photo is May 30 to today.

Curious about nutrients
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Looking good so far. What you are doing seems to be working. You might want to think about some mild manipulation of the plants, for example topping either the white or blue bucket plants.
in general seaweed ferts will provide consistent veg food.
what type of seeds are you working with? Are they auto flower or are you hoping to ride out the entire summer and bloom with nature light photo cycle?

Bclivin

Bclivin

Looking good so far. What you are doing seems to be working. You might want to think about some mild manipulation of the plants, for example topping either the white or blue bucket plants.
in general seaweed ferts will provide consistent veg food.
what type of seeds are you working with? Are they auto flower or are you hoping to ride out the entire summer and bloom with nature light photo cycle?
I decided not to top them but have been doing a sort of lollipop process. No auto just gonna ride it out, 8 are Granddaddy Purple and 2 are Afghan kush. This is my second outdoor, the first was a royal moby which were a nightmare outdoor in my climate. The second photo is that grow but 6 weeks further ahead and it was a struggle to get them to the flower stage.

IMG 20190819 213249 302
Bclivin

Bclivin

The choice of not topping really comes under the lack of knowledge on how to do it properly lol I've become so invested in them and don't wanna F@#$ it up.

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

As a procedure topping is relatively simple. But I definitely understand the hesitation. you might want to go some research into cloning. The two plants in the felt pots are looking good to trim some lower branches and create new plants.
especially if you have the entire summer to work with you have time to make some serious moves.

but to answer your original question about fertilizer. That’s up to you, you should definitely continue the seaweed dosing. But you may want to think about a veg specific fertilizer that can be sprinkled on to of the soil. You can also look into some bloom specific fertilizer for later in the summer

Bclivin

Bclivin

As a procedure topping is relatively simple. But I definitely understand the hesitation. you might want to go some research into cloning. The two plants in the felt pots are looking good to trim some lower branches and create new plants.
especially if you have the entire summer to work with you have time to make some serious moves.

but to answer your original question about fertilizer. That’s up to you, you should definitely continue the seaweed dosing. But you may want to think about a veg specific fertilizer that can be sprinkled on to of the soil. You can also look into some bloom specific fertilizer for later in the summer
I do have a question about clones. I have a couple coco starter pucks would they work for clones or should I go right into a dressed pot?

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

So personally I clone straight into soil. But I use those little Plastic six packs that you buy for seed starting, or you get when you by produce plants.
the pucks should work fine, the Rockwool stuff generally works fine; I don’t use it because it is harder to control how moist they are, you have to be ontop of it.
just make sure you moisten and condition the pucks for the right pH.

Top Bottom