Curious about your tap water

• Thread starter Potfairy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chem77

Chem77

Very jealeous....Did you ever have a strain that caused you a poor rooting rate? Did you ever try to root cuts with (slightly) hollow stems?

Congrats for your sucess 👍
No not really, some take a little longer to root. That’s probably only 50 different strains over the years though. Temperature is the only thing that has affected my success. Too hot (summer) or too cold (winter).
Wasn’t trying to make anyone jealous, just showing keeping it stupid simple works also.
Yea I’ve seen slightly hollow stems.

H

hydrodreams

50 strains is a lot imho. People who have cloned that many strains normaly run into quiet a few who are hard to clone according to many people.....

Chem77

Chem77

50 strains is a lot imho. People who have cloned that many strains normaly run into quiet a few who are hard to clone according to many people.....
Your question was have I had a strain that caused me a poor rooting rate, I said no. If I take a clone it roots. Some are more vigorous in rooting, and faster than others.
I really like my cloner is all I can say, I do nothing special. Environment is more important and depending on method. I had a harder time using tray and domes with rock wool, root riots, or just promix.

H

hydrodreams

Do you use new neoprene pads each time or do you reuse and sterilize the same ones each time?

HunterBrandon

HunterBrandon

Cave Creek Arizona
Shit Town
Shitty People
Shit Water PPM 500 PH 8.7

Trixie

Trixie

Cannabis plants absorb a very large amount of water, which is why it is so vital to know what is in your water as your plant will absorb that too. Both tap and well water contain large amounts of minerals which can affect pH levels and nutritional balance. Positively charged minerals like calcium, magnesium, and potassium can actually restrict the uptake of other nutrients when they occur in excess. Testing your own water can help determine whether adjustments are necessary to ensure desired growth.

Trixie

Trixie

You probably already know this, but did you know that city water treatment systems alter the CEC, Cation Exchange Capacity of the water? Before treated tap water leaves the treatment facility the pH is raised to a high range to keep the exchange of heavy metals from leaching out of the metal pipes and plumbing fixtures. If the water wasn't treated and the pH wasn't raised the water could be contaminated with lead, copper, zinc, or other heavy metals and be harmful to children, the elderly, or sick people. The treatment usually includes Sodium hypochlorite which has a pH of 11 is used to raise the pH. Then Sodium Bisulfite, which has a pH of 3.6 to 4.6 is used to lower it to above 7 pH when it goes out.. Most treated water will have a pH of 7.8 to 9.0 after treatment.

Trixie

Trixie

Using RO water is always best compared to tap water for the reason above. That's my take on tap water. Don't use tap water and if you can't afford a RO filter then just use rainwater.

Chem77

Chem77

Another 100% with 4 different strains and 6 phenos. Tap water
6A01BE76 3BF1 42B6 8732 72079EC21AAA

Potfairy

Potfairy

16 for 16 again. 4 strains and 6 different phenos. Got hot 1 day and with humidity in the 30’s they got some leaf burn. Won’t affect them and they won’t miss a beat.
Planting day.
View attachment 1316047View attachment 1316048View attachment 1316049View attachment 1316050View attachment 1316051View attachment 1316052View attachment 1316053View attachment 1316054
Man! Those are the roots I’m trying to get!! If you feel like answering some questions and/or breaking down your process for me, I would be insanely grateful!!! Like, pleeeeeease, pretty pretty please with sugar and a cherry on top 🙏🏻

Latest posts

Top Bottom