Curious and fairly new to extractions

• Thread starter Dutch Moonshiner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dutch Moonshiner

This is a great site and every time I read I learn something. Greetings from the lame non MMJ legal State of Maryland. I have 3 questions:

First what can I do with kief to make it more extractingly interesting. Can I BHO it or use an alcohol extraction. I would love to refine it and make it melt.

Second; I have some bubble hash that is very hard and ok at best. Reminds me of hash we used to smoke in the 80's Any ideas on how to further refine?

Lastly; I am trying to replicate a product I have only seen in Amsterdam; from Dampkring coffee shop. It is called Dutch Moonshine(hence my screen name). When lightly pressed between your fingers it would literally turn almost white and become like flour. When smoked it would instantly vaporize and no residue. Flavor and smell amazing. The high very smooth. Anyone seen and can tell me how to replicate.

I appreciate any help with these items. Much thanks in advance.

Jack MeOff

Jack MeOff

My tincture method:
As much ground weed as I can put in a quart mason jar. I use a coffee grinder. I think it probably weighs about 3 - 5 oz. depending on how fine I grind, and how much I pack the jar. My weed was last years red hairy buds, which became less interesting after this most recent grow.
Then I fill with roughly equal parts 151 and 80 proof rum. Get most of the air out. Cap it.
At this point the mixture acts like a damp sponge.
I am in no hurry so then I put it in a cupboard and check it every few days. I use NO heat.
After 3 1/2 weeks I noticed the consistency turned semi-fluid and sloshes around when I mix it.
I give it at least 60 days, then filter out the solids. Store in a glass bottle with a cork or other stopper.
I get a dark liquid that is pretty much opaque.
I carry little 1 oz.glass bottle with a plastic sleeve, and am eye dropper.
One dropper full is one dose.
Yes, it is slow, but, if you start one jar every month, you wont wait as long after the first one).
I would use 197 proof ethanol if I wasn't too lazy to drive to Mexico. Even so, I am happy with my results.

SCFSYNDICATE760

SCFSYNDICATE760

This is a great site and every time I read I learn something. Greetings from the lame non MMJ legal State of Maryland. I have 3 questions:

First what can I do with kief to make it more extractingly interesting. Can I BHO it or use an alcohol extraction. I would love to refine it and make it melt.

Second; I have some bubble hash that is very hard and ok at best. Reminds me of hash we used to smoke in the 80's Any ideas on how to further refine?

Lastly; I am trying to replicate a product I have only seen in Amsterdam; from Dampkring coffee shop. It is called Dutch Moonshine(hence my screen name). When lightly pressed between your fingers it would literally turn almost white and become like flour. When smoked it would instantly vaporize and no residue. Flavor and smell amazing. The high very smooth. Anyone seen and can tell me how to replicate.

I appreciate any help with these items. Much thanks in advance.

not sure about jack mehoff ref..lol
as far as ur ?s...
making kief mroe interesting..you can certainly blow it into oil..via a tube/butane method..better to just add it to buds then blow it..not run kief alone..too easy to have a blowout..this makes super nice hashy tasting waxhash i call it..
you can also heat and press your kief which is what many people do..id say blow it tho..
as far as the bubble..you should look up the rosin technique..
which basically involves heating up a metal cookie bowl/sheet then rubbing the hash back and forth on the heated up metal..apparently it will leave a layer of stuff after its been rubbed onto the metal surface...then you scrape that up and its called rosin i think...basically just a lite decarbing of the hash i think..i funno though never tried it...you may wanna look into that tho...rosin i think..
as for the powder in your hand ?....
to me that just sounds like super dry bho...or wax..i know for certain i have stuff that if you squeeze in your fingers it will collapse into powder then its much harder to dab...so thats just wax dried super hard...
gets crumbly and powdery...
really helps whenever youre gonna do any kind of concentrated weed product to use as good of material to start with as possible, cuz you cant really turn chicken shit into chicken salad..i mean you can, but its hard..
heres some of my latest..

Truog budder
Top Bottom