Curled and shriveled leaves problem.

• Thread starter Rockyroad33
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rockyroad33

Rockyroad33

Do curled and shriveled leaves mean that the plant is possibly rootbound? It’s not across the whole plants but definitely more in the top. Throw in some red stems here and there and I am thinking this is possibly the case. It’s a sativa dominant strain that is five weeks into flowering. Is it wise to gently transplant it?

Curled and shriveled leaves problem
REDBUD46

REDBUD46

nitrogen toxicity...did you change the nutrients when it started flowering (leave a bit in the bottom of the water can)? ...what is the temp, humidity and PH? nitrogen toxicity is when there's been to much nitrogen and it made it sick, water/flush it with water only(no nutrients)...pray

This is a leaf from my current...got a little hot in veg (the brown edges) but the yellow spotting? cant be root bound any ideas?

I've photoshopped the colour in the plant pic,

Leaf1
Plant
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Chronic overfeeding and watering. You now have a root or transpiration issues. Flush with plain ph adjust water and then let dry well it may take quite a while to dry since she is pretty rough.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

nitrogen toxicity...did you change the nutrients when it started flowering (leave a bit in the bottom of the water can)? ...what is the temp, humidity and PH? nitrogen toxicity is when there's been to much nitrogen and it made it sick, water/flush it with water only(no nutrients)...pray

This is a leaf from my current...got a little hot in veg (the brown edges) but the yellow spotting? cant be root bound any ideas?

I've photoshopped the colour in the plant pic,
Looks like potassium deficiency from low ph or imbalance.

REDBUD46

REDBUD46

Looks like potassium deficiency from low ph or imbalance.
it got a bit warm, i have boosted the pk (pk13/14), PH is always between 6 and 8, all newer than the burn growth looks ok...at this stage.
higher PH is better for K intake??

Leaf k
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

it got a bit warm, i have boosted the pk (pk13/14), PH is always between 6 and 8, all newer than the burn growth looks ok...at this stage.
Ph of the feed or ph of the runoff?

Rockyroad33

Rockyroad33

Chronic overfeeding and watering. You now have a root or transpiration issues. Flush with plain ph adjust water and then let dry well it may take quite a while to dry since she is pretty rough.
So not root bound in your opinion? I did take some soil samples and it looks like the NP are are the medium/ high range. K is lower. PH is about 7. If I do flush with plain water do I have to adjust it lower than 7?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So not root bound in your opinion? I did take some soil samples and it looks like the NP are are the medium/ high range. K is lower. PH is about 7. If I do flush with plain water do I have to adjust it lower than 7?
Yeah use plain water phed to 6 5.flush 3x time the volume of the media. Then give a light feed of balanced nutrients maybe 400ppm and let the pot dry well before watering again.

From that your saying its a nutrient imbalance. Thats causing the potassium deficiency.

amekins

amekins

pH between 6 and 8??? That’s a really wide berth.

REDBUD46

REDBUD46

pH between 6 and 8??? That’s a really wide berth.
from what i can gather plants will better intake nutrients over a range 6-8 PH at different times, eg from 3 to 6 weeks 6.6PH is better...7 to 10 weeks 7.5 is better...(not the real numbers) ive seen a chart somewhere...so yeah you could (as with most) argue pro and cons of having static or dynamic numbers...

amekins

amekins

from what i can gather plants will better intake nutrients over a range 6-8 PH at different times, eg from 3 to 6 weeks 6.6PH is better...7 to 10 weeks 7.5 is better...(not the real numbers) ive seen a chart somewhere...so yeah you could (as with most) argue pro and cons of having static or dynamic numbers...
There absolutely is a range and from what I understand, the medium is significant
Yes different ranges for different nutrients, and I’ve seen a range of basically 5.8 to 7...but it’s usually pretty tight for the specific medium.

Top Bottom