Curling Leaves and more problems

• Thread starter BrownBianco
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BrownBianco

BrownBianco

Hi,
My friends and I decided to buy a small growbox two months ago and we started growing 6 Blue cheese automatic.
The growbox is 150x60x120, light is a hps 250w agro and there's a fan inside the box and one for intake and another for extraction.
We planted about a month ago in a soil composed by Coco fiber, Perlite, Clay Balls and organic soil.
At start everything was fine, every plant comes out of the seed. Than we discovered that we can't close the growbox because when we did it, temperature rose to 29°c... Amen, we are still keeping it open..

Then after 2 weeks one plant seems to have same trouble with one leaves as you can see in the short video.

What's going on?

Other plants started to curling up... Please help me.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'd also add it may be a heat issue. That kind of curling at the tips is usually a light too close or higher than desirable Temps. Do you have an agrometer? Temp gauge? Y'all might look at an inline cooling fan. Check Amazon
Yeah I'm thinking the light is to close.. HPS put off a decent amount of IR.

BrownBianco

BrownBianco

Little to much air flow for this age.

How high is that HPS and how many watts?

Hps Is 250watt and is at the top of the growbox so 70-80cm over the plants.
The temperature is always between 24.2 and 28.4, the air nearby the plants is between 48% and 72%.

For cooling we use a 12,5 v fan for intake, then we use an air extractor that moves 90 m3 per minute.
But consider we left the growbox always open to prevent overheating.

Should I put something to make shade?
I don't understand because the light it's far.... Then there's that strange sick leave

growsince79

growsince79

Hi,
My friends and I decided to buy a small growbox two months ago and we started growing 6 Blue cheese automatic.
The growbox is 150x60x120, light is a hps 250w agro and there's a fan inside the box and one for intake and another for extraction.
We planted about a month ago in a soil composed by Coco fiber, Perlite, Clay Balls and organic soil.
At start everything was fine, every plant comes out of the seed. Than we discovered that we can't close the growbox because when we did it, temperature rose to 29°c... Amen, we are still keeping it open..

Then after 2 weeks one plant seems to have same trouble with one leaves as you can see in the short video.

What's going on?

Other plants started to curling up... Please help me.
What are you feeding and watering?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Do you have an IR (infrared) thermometer available or someone you know?

BrownBianco

BrownBianco

What are you feeding and watering?
We are feeding with biobizz, in particular only with bio grow, with a ratio of 0,5 ml per liter and watering with 1,5 Lt of water mixed with fertilizer. Consider we use 1,5 liter in total for 6 plats so 0,25 liter per plant.
Then we wet (a bit) the soil with some untreated water.
The ph of the water we are using is around 6.7

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

We choose specifically a strain which grows up to 70 cm
With an IR temp gun you can test the leaf temps. 75-82ish (I would stick about 75-78 in your grow) is ideal at 75 there should be no heat stress so you can eliminate or confirm that 100% if you can test. I would lower the air blowing on them. It's a bit to much for thier age.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

120 cm. Auto flower. As long as it doesn't get over a foot tall it will work.
Would be doing some lst. And LED would be much better suited they run much cooler and can be much closer to the plants but not cheap.

Top Bottom