Curling leaves with mag def.

• Thread starter SmokeSupreme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SmokeSupreme

any typical soil grow, u wait til it's dry, to feed/again. do u have a mentor, for ur method? when u get 8 diff answers, with 8 different products, of varying tech... well, sir, i have u at $300, so far and you've solved nothin. plus, seaweed from here, ph adjustors, from that (coffee/lemon/whatever)... next thing u know- you're out another grand, $300 in seeds, just fried another season and nothin to show for it.
hence, my suggestion: a mentor for the style I'm sure ur heavily invested in, already, or take it back to the basics, with rookie nutes and novice, strains... until u/i/we all, better comprehend, what happens to the lightbulb, below the soil, when u flip the switch... and above, as well; metaphorically speaking.
I'd hate to see you get frustrated and quit, with advanced methods and 3k+, in ur teepee... just me. i can b deeply, intrusive. ;(
bruh calm your tits lol ive hardly spent 300.... lol i appreciate actual answers not criticizing me on how i spend money. second im not in soil if u havent noticed. but thank you for the logical answers you did give me and the couple of laughs.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i usually do 24hours for veg but i could throw the timer on and start giving them some night time sleep. any ideas about the watering with dry amendments? should i still let them dry out? or just half the weight when they are full so i dont kill the microbes? before they were drinking damn near all of it in a day just about then kaput they didnt drink anything for a whole day.
24 hrs is fine man.... They still carry out these processes to a degree. With salt based ferts you don't need a huge colony of microbes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

But im using slow release dry amendments? Dr. Earth’s the brand name
That's fine... The volume of microbial life will be determined by the amount of food available for them. Adding more food increases the population adding less will lower it. It balance of nature. Your plants don't need massive amounts of microbial life to be healthy. So you add molasses and say potassium fixing bacteria break it down into a usable form for the plant... That's it for each element they break down sugars/starches, nitrogen etc. Eg nitrogen fixed bacteria convert ammonia to nitrites and then into nitrate. Now all your doing is causing these populations to explode then die back as they consume the food source they die back until you add more. By doing this you are changing your feed ratios and providing a lot of available potassium for 1 to the plants creating what I see as a potassium toxicity.

The plants and amount of organics will determine the amount of microbes in the media once it's been innoculated with these fungi/bacteria it will balance itself.

Molasses is used in teas to feed microbes because there are no plants feeding then so they need a food source. A tiny amount may help get them started and be beneficial to jumpstart the population. After that let the plants do the work and feed them.

Just my opinion

S

SmokeSupreme

So I have switched over to canna a and b watering to 5.8 going to use plain water tonight at 6.2 but my question is my leaves are still curled and rippled and I can not figure out why. Over watering? Ph fluctuations? What r your thoughts guys it's really bothering me they look this haggard and haven't bounced back cause their growth is stunted as well and has been almost a week now since all this started. Updated pics included looking like phosphorus def too. I'm more trying to figure out the rippling and curling situation. One more question, when they get back on track if it gets figured out are those leaves going to stay that way? Or will they finally open up and flatten out like they should b? Thank you so much guys any and all answers are welcome please learn me something!
20191129 192837
20191129 192831
20191129 192715
20191129 192703
20191129 192823

S

SmokeSupreme

Flushed 2 of 4 so far plant ones runoff, 6.2ph and 1650ppm flushed till 800 same ph plant 2 ph was 6.5 rpm 1200 plant two is the only one out of the four that looks decent tho so I guess I'll find out more once I flush the other two. What do u guys say? Always ready to learn and take criticism here

S

SmokeSupreme

Anyone got any ideas? @Aqua Man ? @oldskol4evr ? Anyone else that grows in coco? I'm at the point were I just don't know what's causing the plant to curl up like it does with the rippling... kinda looks like over water but it's in coco and it's not like I'm drowning these 3gal pots twice a day I give them one good watering till runoff every other day when I was every day before this all happened.... someone's gotta have a good explanation and b able to help me out. I'm at the point I want to hit the reset button so I can actually get something budding in here instead of learning new things and I'm not one to give up but they are ag a stand still. That's a whole week of no growing and all of them looking the same besides one. That one just gets a minor mag issue every so often. Hear my plead! Lmao

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm not a coco grower and trying to stay away from giving advice in coco but...

Stop feeding molasses period. It contains calcium, magnesium sulfur and potassium.

I get your trying to feed microbes but in coco there is no need. It's only beneficial in fully organic grows and it needs to be done right

To me it looks like potassium toxicity frm the molasses. Ph is definitely and issue and you want a ph of 5.8-6.2 from my understanding.
I'm not going to even give advice on the rest but my point is.... Stop the molasses
I'm not a cocoa grower but potassium is also what I suspect you have. Have you flushed your medium and corrected your pH?

S

SmokeSupreme

I'm not a cocoa grower but potassium is also what I suspect you have. Have you flushed your medium and corrected your pH?
I did with two plants from what I know the coco is buffered but I explain what I did with the two plants so far if u scroll up a little bit with the pics. But I was about to flush the other two plants this morning and check those.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i think biggest problem is your trying to treat coco like soil and it wont happen,coco has to have feed every feed,it has to have exchange of air and nutrients often,it has to have the 20 to 30% runoff every time,seem like a waste maybe ,but has to be done ,the benifit is fast growth,the down side is the waste of nutes.
i didnt think dry amends would work but you tried and that what you had inmind ,so move on and start bottle feeding them before it to late if it isnt already,now with the stress you are gonna find out if the strain you have is resistant to stress.
so what i think is this,flush really good i mean good,then last water you send in there send it in with a ph of 6.2 and right at 750 ppm and give it a go,stay at those numbers for a couple days and see how the new growth is doing before moving on

S

SmokeSupreme

i think biggest problem is your trying to treat coco like soil and it wont happen,coco has to have feed every feed,it has to have exchange of air and nutrients often,it has to have the 20 to 30% runoff every time,seem like a waste maybe ,but has to be done ,the benifit is fast growth,the down side is the waste of nutes.
i didnt think dry amends would work but you tried and that what you had inmind ,so move on and start bottle feeding them before it to late if it isnt already,now with the stress you are gonna find out if the strain you have is resistant to stress.
so what i think is this,flush really good i mean good,then last water you send in there send it in with a ph of 6.2 and right at 750 ppm and give it a go,stay at those numbers for a couple days and see how the new growth is doing before moving on
Thanks for the help man I've already fed them nutes twice and last night I did only give them water like u said trying to give it that break like soil... one more question.
Should I worry about what the ppm runoff is? Like I said the first plant was at 1650 and after the flush it went down to 800. Is that okay to throw the 750 at? I'm getting the other two flushed as we speak.

Moshmen

Moshmen

i usually do 24hours for veg but i could throw the timer on and start giving them some night time sleep. any ideas about the watering with dry amendments? should i still let them dry out? or just half the weight when they are full so i dont kill the microbes? before they were drinking damn near all of it in a day just about then kaput they didnt drink anything for a whole day.
I switched and that 5 hrs of rest an opportunity recover and release “stuff” lol back into the soil is huge ! In my opinion

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thanks for the help man I've already fed them nutes twice and last night I did only give them water like u said trying to give it that break like soil... one more question.
Should I worry about what the ppm runoff is? Like I said the first plant was at 1650 and after the flush it went down to 800. Is that okay to throw the 750 at? I'm getting the other two flushed as we speak.
if your feeding 750 and getting 800 runoff,that is almost perfect of what your putting in and ideal,in soil i never check it,but in coco as you see it is very important to diagnose issues,doing good bro,now you got the plant straight continue to feed daily for the exchange of air and nutes and you will see the plant turn around,when it does dont be surprised if you have to feed it more than once a day,the coco is some hungry ass plants hahahah

S

SmokeSupreme

if your feeding 750 and getting 800 runoff,that is almost perfect of what your putting in and ideal,in soil i never check it,but in coco as you see it is very important to diagnose issues,doing good bro,now you got the plant straight continue to feed daily for the exchange of air and nutes and you will see the plant turn around,when it does dont be surprised if you have to feed it more than once a day,the coco is some hungry ass plants hahahah
I'll check the run off after I feed too see what I get comparison wise and report back here to make sure it's all gravy baby thanks for the tips and the help man you are a G!

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Flushed 2 of 4 so far plant ones runoff, 6.2ph and 1650ppm flushed till 800 same ph plant 2 ph was 6.5 rpm 1200 plant two is the only one out of the four that looks decent tho so I guess I'll find out more once I flush the other two. What do u guys say? Always ready to learn and take criticism here
1600= fryin, hot... in my limited (thank god) experience with it. i think bottles n even ed- MAY HAVE SAID 1600, in an obsolete, bible, but uhhh that seems real high. i stall mine, around 400ppm, with not NO deficiency... just lil enough to TELL me, what they want. they're in 700s, today, but it's rare I'm comfy, above 600. i have self trust issues.

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

Anyone got any ideas? @Aqua Man ? @oldskol4evr ? Anyone else that grows in coco? I'm at the point were I just don't know what's causing the plant to curl up like it does with the rippling... kinda looks like over water but it's in coco and it's not like I'm drowning these 3gal pots twice a day I give them one good watering till runoff every other day when I was every day before this all happened.... someone's gotta have a good explanation and b able to help me out. I'm at the point I want to hit the reset button so I can actually get something budding in here instead of learning new things and I'm not one to give up but they are ag a stand still. That's a whole week of no growing and all of them looking the same besides one. That one just gets a minor mag issue every so often. Hear my plead! Lmao
my vot is keep bringing em down- but again- i can't speak to coco ppm. so...

S

SmokeSupreme

Well hello everyone. its the weekend and i have been busy so i do have any update and it is good. immediately after that flush and a little light raise i saw progress. The lights are what get me though because they were 20 inches away from the canopy and i also had one other plant in there that did not get the same canoeing effect the other three did.... Maybe it is more resistant? Manufacturer says 18 inches but i do have two of them. Anyways every feeding ive done after that ive had them at 6.1 - 6.2 about 650 ppms. Runoffs have varied throughout the plants at 6.1 - 6.3ish pH and 800 - 1000 ppm. So far everything looks amazing again and is bright and vibrant just as was before. Just wanted to give an update to the kind folks that helped me out and say thank you all so much there is definitely A great community on the farm and everything is much appreciated. Might just start a grow log for the rest of this round because i like it here too much lol. Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Top Bottom