Current Mass caregivers are going to be screwed...no?

• Thread starter vince vega
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vince vega

vince vega

I asked for comment on this elsewhere before realizing the subject deserves it's own thread. I'm wondering what people who've set up grows in Mass are going to do when the rules come down and you're not allowed to grow. Is this a done-deal? Only hardship cases? Even talk of subsidized meds for the poor rather than the right to grow at home. A real kick in the teeth.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
What's going on with MMJ in Massachusettes, Vince?

Minkus

Minkus

Massachusetts is keeping it in a closed loop, i.e. you're pretty much going to have to get it from a dispensary unless you can prove that you are WAY out of the range of dispensary delivery services (which all dispensaries plan on having), cannot physically go to a dispensary, and cannot find a caregiver to go to the dispensary for them. The DPH is going to be monitoring -all- transactions and ensuring that the state gets its piece, it seems. To be perfectly honest, the only people I expect to see with Hardship cultivations are those who "know somebody" and can get it signed off on.

Minkus

Minkus

Apply ASAP for your hardship cultivation
Everyone qualifies as of right now but as soon as the dispensaries open all will change
Get on it quick if you wanna grow your own
Submit the papers needed to the DPH today
Best of luck

I've put in calls to the DPH and technically every patient (who hasn't designated a caregiver) is currently on Hardship Cultivation without the necessity of submitting paperwork. The DPH has not even begun its patient registration processes yet, as it is currently waiting on the money from the Dispensary Applicants and those who will be paying for their Licenses.

By all means do enjoy growing your own right now, but whether you submit papers to the DPH now or in 6 months, the result will be the same: Hardship Cultivations aren't going to be a common thing, and there are no "special tricks" for you to qualify.

masshole61

masshole61

That's some horse shit right there . The state had like a 400 million dollar tax surplus this year. the freeloaders like to be well fed. The state has never looked at this as the people's choice, they only see another avenue for revenue. and some greedy pigs ( former state reps, lawyers and a few doctors) threw down big bucks for dispensary permits because they new they state would crack down on growers and funnel all the $ to the dispensaries . And taxes. I'm hoping that full legalization becomes a ballot issue for 2016. It's already polling that way.

Minkus

Minkus

That's some horse shit right there . The state had like a 400 million dollar tax surplus this year. the freeloaders like to be well fed. The state has never looked at this as the people's choice, they only see another avenue for revenue. and some greedy pigs ( former state reps, lawyers and a few doctors) threw down big bucks for dispensary permits because they new they state would crack down on growers and funnel all the $ to the dispensaries . And taxes. I'm hoping that full legalization becomes a ballot issue for 2016. It's already polling that way.

What you're saying is the truth, man. Think about it, it's definitely more money for them in the long run if they're able to tax the dispensaries (which will be extremely easy) than to impose nominal fees to medical patients as growers.

But like you said, 2016 is looking like an interesting year. Definitely might see all this "medical" worry disappear with legalization.

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

I've put in calls to the DPH and technically every patient (who hasn't designated a caregiver) is currently on Hardship Cultivation without the necessity of submitting paperwork. The DPH has not even begun its patient registration processes yet, as it is currently waiting on the money from the Dispensary Applicants and those who will be paying for their Licenses.

By all means do enjoy growing your own right now, but whether you submit papers to the DPH now or in 6 months, the result will be the same: Hardship Cultivations aren't going to be a common thing, and there are no "special tricks" for you to qualify.

The hardship license will be based on income correct?

Wavegem

Wavegem

I don't see them coming out and saying you have to take down your grow and go to the dispensary. The cats out of the bag, very hard to enforce once people built rooms and are in neck deep. No other state is doing that. Plus look how long it took for Rhode Island to get a dispensary.

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

@Wavegem dont get too ahead of yourself and think because u spent the money and have a go ahead now that they arent going to shut u down soon as those dispensary doors open. They did it in AZ and they will shut u down there to make no mistake.

Does anyone know exactly what the "hardship" will be classified as i keep hearing that as u qualify for masshealth than u will have "hardship" claim?

Wavegem

Wavegem

@Wavegem dont get too ahead of yourself and think because u spent the money and have a go ahead now that they arent going to shut u down soon as those dispensary doors open. They did it in AZ and they will shut u down there to make no mistake.

I am 99% sure they will not shut you down. A lot of shit going to change these next couple years. It's good thing I hide out in Rhode Island

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

I am 99% sure they will not shut you down. A lot of shit going to change these next couple years. It's good thing I hide out in Rhode Island
Thats what we heard here as well they said we could grow as patients let us go out n spend thousands equipment, patient/caregivers fees and make no mistake as soon as the dispensarys opened the doors they yanked our cultivation authorization so count on it

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Fuckers...
For sure man im just keeping it totally real.
Believe that they wrote that rule in and the are going to use it. Im not trying to be the bearer of bad news i lost a nice chunk and i know a couple peeps that totally vested upwards of 20-40k the whole 9 yeards man its fucked!
So save urselfs a bunch of headaches now.

Be greatful they left that hardship loophole and just hope they dont tighten that up. Best believe the Dispensary owners will be doing everything they can to lobby and get that shut down guaranteed.
Goodluck

Top Bottom