Custom 240 watt DIY bar style LED fixture

• Thread starter ImpulsiveGrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Hey guys I’ve been sitting on these parts for some months and I was finally able to put it together!!

Unveiling my 240 watt 6 bar fixture!!! I originally planned for this to be in a 2x2 but I couldn’t wait so I put it over my purple kush on my current grow.

It’s rocking lm301b and Cree xpg3 reds on the photoboost strips with 3000k whites. The 2 red strips have both deep and far red and the diodes on these strips are the LH351H diodes which are the best on the market and especially made for horticulture.
I may build some of these for sale but this is not a budget system. The strips alone ran like 190$ all together. As for now I’m just showing off my new led and I’m excited to test it out!
Custom 240 watt diy bar style led fixture
Custom 240 watt diy bar style led fixture 2
Custom 240 watt diy bar style led fixture 3
Custom 240 watt diy bar style led fixture 4

Cypress66

Cypress66

Hey guys I’ve been sitting on these parts for some months and I was finally able to put it together!!

Unveiling my 240 watt 6 bar fixture!!! I originally planned for this to be in a 2x2 but I couldn’t wait so I put it over my purple kush on my current grow.

It’s rocking lm301b and Cree xpg3 reds on the photoboost strips with 3000k whites. The 2 red strips have both deep and far red and the diodes on these strips are the LH351H diodes which are the best on the market and especially made for horticulture.
I may build some of these for sale but this is not a budget system. The strips alone ran like 190$ all together. As for now I’m just showing off my new led and I’m excited to test it out!View attachment 1185034View attachment 1185035View attachment 1185036View attachment 1185037
Looks like a great light i would be interested in the lights on sale if you are looking at building your own I’m in the U.K. and that might be a problem if you are not but I will be interested in the lights i like that bar style and I have been using the migro aray 240wt and the invisible sun 240xl both very good lights for the coverage of a 4x4ft tent Peace ✌️

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
Looks like a great light i would be interested in the lights on sale if you are looking at building your own I’m in the U.K. and that might be a problem if you are not but I will be interested in the lights i like that bar style and I have been using the migro aray 240wt and the invisible sun 240xl both very good lights for the coverage of a 4x4ft tent Peace ✌️
I’m gonna price together the parts to see what I can charge. If you want a budget fixture this one is not it but those migro lights are nice and I love his channel for testing grow lights. I got great even lux readings that I convert over to par (thanks to the migro hack). The price could be adjusted depending on the diodes used as well. These were all top notch but I’ll try to get some pricing options and message you. I’ll also post updates here as to the growth of my purple kush plant that is currently growing under it.

One more thing is the strips are completely customizable. If you want a UV strip down the middle we can do that. There’s so many options you bc an mix and match to get the spectrum you want dialed in. DIY for the win!!!

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

If it only grew on the moon, youd see a birdlaw flag flying high on the next space x flight. I would have beat the shit outta shatner for his seat....

*Later that night on the 6 o'clock news*
"Ladies and gentlemen, it seems spaceX has made an unexpected detour for the darkside of the moon, and were happy to inform you that William Shatner has been found alive, he was tied up in a closet and suffering from a mean ass charlie horse/sleeper hold"

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
just wanna say congrats on the inventive pothead creativity. This light looks like the cats pajamas 😎🦅
I’m a lot more handy then I give myself credit for that’s for sure. I’ve never used so many tools in my life since i started indoors back in April. Building my grow closet and everything I’m between and I’ve loved every minute of it. I’m a long time heroin addict so keeping busy with my garden is therapeutic for me as an idle mind is the devils playground. I really appreciate the support guys you have no idea.

Cypress66

Cypress66

I’m a lot more handy then I give myself credit for that’s for sure. I’ve never used so many tools in my life since i started indoors back in April. Building my grow closet and everything I’m between and I’ve loved every minute of it. I’m a long time heroin addict so keeping busy with my garden is therapeutic for me as an idle mind is the devils playground. I really appreciate the support guys you have no idea.
The light looks quality and i would be proud if I had built it kuzz keep up with your garden and being busy And please do message me about your lights if you are going to be doing something very elegant looking and very neat peace ✌️

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
The light looks quality and i would be proud if I had built it kuzz keep up with your garden and being busy And please do message me about your lights if you are going to be doing something very elegant looking and very neat peace ✌️
Well first I need to become a supporter of the farm before I can officially do that for you. Anyone know how much it is to support? What size tent do you grow in and what kind of wattage you wanna run?

Cypress66

Cypress66

Well first I need to become a supporter of the farm before I can officially do that for you. Anyone know how much it is to support? What size tent do you grow in and what kind of wattage you wanna run?
I don’t know for sure but i think that to be a supporter you pay £10.00 monthly but not certain of that my tent ⛺️ size is a 4x4ft for the flower and the 2x4ft is the veg tent and probably a flower tent for the next garden and the wattage has been a 240wt light for a 2x4ft so one for the 2x4ft and two for the 4x4ft so I have 480wts in the 4x4ft was thinking of maybe upping the level to 320wt per 2x4ft with another two bars per fixture with the option of using them or not something like they would be able to be able to be used as you require them in the flower period they will be used in the veg period you can remove them or you can turn them off but the 240wt is the light I’m running now and I have had some good results but I am never really satisfied and I am a bit greedy with the results Anyway I will be interested in the light and maybe a few different prices for the 240wt and the 320wt with the reds and maybe the ir reds the uv I’m not interested in really looking more at flourecant tubes for this where are you based in the world 🗺 by the way? Only just thinking about shipping and the cost I’m in the U.K anyway one thing at a time is a pleasure to be talking with you and your project is very impressive and you will get a lot of interest in the fixture peace ✌️

Top Bottom