Custom Cob - Help With Array Build - Drilling, Cutting, Material

• Thread starter HazePhase
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HazePhase

Hello Everyone,

I am able to order the parts and they are pretty much plug and play for the Vero29 V7 which is what I am going to be using.
I am looking to build a 4 cob single array with 5000K LED in it.

I am looking for help in regards to:
- Where do you get material for building the array and what do people typically use?
- How do you drill through this material so I know what I have to buy to build this array
- Anything else I should know.

This is the only part that I am not sure about as other than that it's about mounting and drilling holes and screwing them in - quite straight forward.

My current company (a person) who was great help at start basically lied about my repaired item being shipped for 3 weeks and finally after 3 weeks it's been shipped - with the same courier he promised not to use as well he said he would express and didn't .... what a businessman .. .anyways..... people are who people are.

I need this COB Light in 4 weeks as my veg tent will be ready and I cut ties with the other guy for obvious reasons.

Anyone able to help a fellow panicked grower who has been screwed over by someone who obviously doesn't care for others buy himself.... :(

Located in Canada - thx Peeps!!

sixstring

sixstring

Hello Everyone,

I am able to order the parts and they are pretty much plug and play for the Vero29 V7 which is what I am going to be using.
I am looking to build a 4 cob single array with 5000K LED in it.

I am looking for help in regards to:
- Where do you get material for building the array and what do people typically use?
- How do you drill through this material so I know what I have to buy to build this array
- Anything else I should know.

This is the only part that I am not sure about as other than that it's about mounting and drilling holes and screwing them in - quite straight forward.

My current company (a person) who was great help at start basically lied about my repaired item being shipped for 3 weeks and finally after 3 weeks it's been shipped - with the same courier he promised not to use as well he said he would express and didn't .... what a businessman .. .anyways..... people are who people are.

I need this COB Light in 4 weeks as my veg tent will be ready and I cut ties with the other guy for obvious reasons.

Anyone able to help a fellow panicked grower who has been screwed over by someone who obviously doesn't care for others buy himself.... :(

Located in Canada - thx Peeps!!
most of us just use angle aluminum from home depot or lowes.1.25 x 1.25 or 1.5 x 1.5 by however long you need your fixture.homedepot has these in 4 foot and 8 foot lengths and you can cut aluminum with a hacksaw pretty easy.drilling is also easy,i used nuts and bolts on my first build,then i got a cheap rivet gun and used rivets which was super easy and the rivets are cheap. now i make my own frames on a plasma table,but you can build with angle aluminum pretty cheap.see if i can dig up some pics for ya,peace

H

HazePhase

most of us just use angle aluminum from home depot or lowes.1.25 x 1.25 or 1.5 x 1.5 by however long you need your fixture.homedepot has these in 4 foot and 8 foot lengths and you can cut aluminum with a hacksaw pretty easy.drilling is also easy,i used nuts and bolts on my first build,then i got a cheap rivet gun and used rivets which was super easy and the rivets are cheap. now i make my own frames on a plasma table,but you can build with angle aluminum pretty cheap.see if i can dig up some pics for ya,peace

Thanks Man and I would love to see se pics.
That's awesome - finally CANADIAN store talk :)

sixstring

sixstring

here ya go
Cob holder IMG 0851
Cob led IMG 0823
Cob led IMG 0854
Cob led IMG 0952

you can flip the heatsinks to the inside of the angle aluminum also,i just chose to do it this way.

Dan789

Dan789

Hey, Sixstring is that a sprinkler(drip) head in the shot? Details please.

Dan789

Dan789

No way, retired Electrical contractor, but hey I've got my own shit, so cant call anyone out for that, appreciate all your know how and your sharing, to be petty like that, not the way I roll.

Freshone

Freshone

yes it is,from home depot.but that one is not for water,its for co2 to drop down on the plants.
Was thinking of hard piping my co2 with 1/2'' pvc with holes drilled in it,never thought of sprinkler heads though.

Top Bottom