Custom crosses

• Thread starter BriceyG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BriceyG

BriceyG

Hey all. What’s the process of crossing strains and what are some crosses y’all have done? Currently going thru my first outdoor grow but I want to create come sweet/fruity CBD strains.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Really?

Take A cross with B make X..

Plz search the forum.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So it’s as simple as that huh? CBD content will stay below 0.3% thc? I doubt that
Lol yep, it's that simple. The rest is selection and probability. So you select to keep thc low and for your flavor. For instance, you might try to cross a cbd strain with a fruity strain with thc and go pheno hunting for a fruity flavored plant with lower thc. Then breed that and try to successively lower thc while maintaining flavor. Another approach might be to go with two cbd strains with diverse genetics and see if you can find the desired flavor in there. Check out the DJ Short stickies to read about how he found Blueberry etc.

The process of selection is of course not trivial. But again, you have a ton of resources here toward the goal of bettering your process.

A good book is Marijuana Botany by R.C. Clarke.

BriceyG

BriceyG

Lol yep, it's that simple. The rest is selection and probability. So you select to keep thc low and for your flavor. For instance, you might try to cross a cbd strain with a fruity strain with thc and go pheno hunting for a fruity flavored plant with lower thc. Then breed that and try to successively lower thc while maintaining flavor. Another approach might be to go with two cbd strains with diverse genetics and see if you can find the desired flavor in there. Check out the DJ Short stickies to read about how he found Blueberry etc.

The process of selection is of course not trivial. But again, you have a ton of resources here toward the goal of bettering your process.

A good book is Marijuana Botany by R.C. Clarke.

thank you very much for all the info. Will check out both

JackPine

JackPine

My first chuck, about to pop the seeds: Jack Herer x Strawberry Diesel. I think I'll call her Jack Straw if I call her at all.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
thank you very much for all the info. Will check out both
I saw your post looking for CBD pollen. Just thought I would drop this tip. These guys include Shantibaba, who is a very famous breeder for among other things White Widow, Black Widow, and Critical Mass.

They have reg seeds, including one called Sweet and Sour Widow. You get a male from that, you could be in business. But just check it out in general (or not, up to you....just trying to be helpful).

Note these are not pure CBD, so maybe it wouldn't work for you, but I would imagine their stuff is good given their pedigree.

BriceyG

BriceyG

I saw your post looking for CBD pollen. Just thought I would drop this tip. These guys include Shantibaba, who is a very famous breeder for among other things White Widow, Black Widow, and Critical Mass.

They have reg seeds, including one called Sweet and Sour Widow. You get a male from that, you could be in business. But just check it out in general (or not, up to you....just trying to be helpful).

Note these are not pure CBD, so maybe it wouldn't work for you, but I would imagine their stuff is good given their pedigree.

I forgot all about CBD Crew, thank you! Will definitely look more into them. Better a CBD strain then a heavy THC one

Top Bottom