Custom lm301b QB for micro box

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

No way. This is much more complicated than a bigger one. With the bigger ones, all you have to do is hook up a few led strips (like I linked below) and calculate the driver from that. I made it complicated for myself, don't make the same mistake.
Yeah lol but but either way not a bad skill to learn especially if you ever get into a system that something you can fix easily come at ya. I appreciate the single line method as much as the plug and play lol but every skill you develop to being self sufficient is definitely beneficial . Looking forward to watching the idea grow

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Yeah lol but but either way not a bad skill to learn especially if you ever get into a system that something you can fix easily come at ya. I appreciate the single line method as much as the plug and play lol but every skill you develop to being self sufficient is definitely beneficial . Looking forward to watching the idea grow
I guess. Plus the mini grow will be fun.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I started on my second one. These are all of the 4000k so I still have to do the 3000k and the blue, ir and uv.
IMG 0173 1

Homesteader

Homesteader

Cfl no way. I considered cobs but I decided to use individual diodes because cobs would be too focused and I'm going to have the plants growing really close to the lights. Also, since the plants are going to be so close, I wanted the most efficient LEDs as possible to prevent heat.
I would assume COB's are 180 degree without putting on reflectors? Many options in COBs in relation to power.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I would assume COB's are 180 degree without putting on reflectors? Many options in COBs in relation to power.
I went through why I didn't use cobs. I need the plant to grow almost right up to the LEDs because of the confined space so cobs would be too focused and hot.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I got to here and then I ran out of solder. I still need to solder on the fans, switch and potentiometer. I just touched the wires from the driver to the circuit and everything works except for the blue diodes so I hope I didn't fry them.
IMG 0178

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
much cleaner job man! Looks good! If you did fry them, you'll want to look into using alligator clips as heat sinks during the process of soldering the next ones. Doesn't look like you have much room for them, but it's possible the heat killed them.

Did you test the resistance across the diodes to confirm they're still in tact? https://www.fluke.com/en-us/learn/blog/digital-multimeters/how-to-test-diodes
Thanks. I'm unable to test it right now without more solder because I'm using both my hands to hold the + and the - from the driver but I will asap.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
That board is a step up or two from the last work I saw from you. Nice going gorillaaron. Blue diodes aee the two in the middle of the board?
Thanks. The purple ones are ir, the clear one in the direct middle is uv and the white ones are blue.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Allrighty. Guess its not just for a mother ? With the uv and stuff

Curious because it sound low in watt to flower more than one plant. But thats the purpose i guess

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Allrighty. Guess its not just for a mother ? With the uv and stuff

Curious because it sound low in watt to flower more than one plant. But thats the purpose i guess
I mean it's for a 100 square inch space so I think it's plenty light.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
I got everything to work perfectly including the fans except that the soldering is terrible and the wire lengths aren't the right lengths so I'll finish everything up properly and take a pic for you guys. I'm so excited to be finished this stupid thing!!!!

Edit: I decided to just take a pic now anyway. It's not completely done though. Still have to put it on the box and solder everything correctly. The fans work as well, they just aren't in the pic. With pictures it's really easy to tell the difference between the 3000k and the 4000k. The UV has a highlighter cap over it because I'm trying not to look at it. I'm assuming the IR works because everything else in that row does but it doesn't make any light so I guess I'll never know.
IMG 0180

Last edited:
Top Bottom