Custom organic fertilizer blend gaia green

• Thread starter marcd455
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
marcd455

marcd455

Yo, im trying to create a custom blend that will mimic gaia green. Seems to be a great product unmatched by any American competitors. At first I just planned to use dr earth 4-4-4 or down to earth vegetable garden but after researching recipes I realized gaia green has a much much much more complex ingredient list. Dr earth seems to be the closest runner up but it is missing quite a few great ingredients like greensand, oyster shell, rock dust, insect frass, blood meal, and a few other lesser important ones. Down to earth offers most of the necessary ingredients individually that could replicate gaia greens ingredients but I am not sure how to come up with a recipe. Any ideas out there? Anyone got a good "4-4-4" blend? I'm looking for information specifically on a solution, not alternatives.
#gaiagreen #drearth #downtoearthorganics

marcd455

marcd455

Where you at aqua man!? Admin is name dropping you, im guessing you are just the guy im looking for!

iuca

iuca

Hey there ! i have been looking for this recipe for a while, being in the UK i have no way of getting Gaia Green (or at least ive never found it), so searched long and hard for a good recipe and the best i have found and very interested in trying is a compost tea by a pretty cool bloke called Josh from boogie brew, cant get boogie brew here either so he gave the recipe away on a youtube video, and on his site not the exact ratio but rough.

I know its a compost tea recipe but it was all the ingredients other than fish meal i think and the only recipe ive found with a very rough ratio guide

You have to hunt around for all of this stuff, not one shop in the UK stocks more than one item it seems.

Hope this helps

wormcastings
kelp + kelpflex: 20-25%
nutrional yeast: 10-20%
sugar of any kind, the darker the better, : 10-25%

these above r the most important recipe parts, all beneath is advanced)

soy aminos 5-10%
soy bean meal 10-15%
alfalfa meal: 5-10%
sea-90 probiotic tracemineral seasalt: up to 5% (not used >1/month to not oversalt one's soil)
humic acid crystals: 3-7%
calcium phosphate: 5-10%
cascade (vulcanic) minerals: 5-10%
humic acid granules: 5-10%
greensand/langbeinite: 5-10%

Last edited:
marcd455

marcd455

Hey there ! i have been looking for this recipe for a while, being in the UK i have no way of getting Gaia Green (or at least ive never found it), so searched long and hard for a good recipe and the best i have found and very interested in trying is a compost tea by a pretty cool bloke called Josh from boogie brew, cant get boogie brew here either so he gave the recipe away on a youtube video, and on his site not the exact ratio but rough.

I know its a compost tea recipe but it was all the ingredients other than fish meal i think and the only recipe ive found with a very rough ratio guide

You have to hunt around for all of this stuff, not one shop in the UK stocks more than one item it seems.

Hope this helps

wormcastings
kelp + kelpflex: 20-25%
nutrional yeast: 10-20%
sugar of any kind, the darker the better, : 10-25%

these above r the most important recipe parts, all beneath is advanced)

soy aminos 5-10%
soy bean meal 10-15%
alfalfa meal: 5-10%
sea-90 probiotic tracemineral seasalt: up to 5% (not used >1/month to not oversalt one's soil)
humic acid crystals: 3-7%
calcium phosphate: 5-10%
cascade (vulcanic) minerals: 5-10%
humic acid granules: 5-10%
greensand/langbeinite: 5-10%

My man! That's a hell of a start. I'm familiar with boogie brew from seeing Josh on John's channel "growing your greens". This is a interesting start point, I've also found a lead on a decent looking recipe, although it will be a few days before I can get it up here. Thanks for the info, ill get that other recipe up asap (it is almost identical to gaia green)

marcd455

marcd455

After thought.... think I'm going to begin the daunting task of trial and error with soil testing. Going to give my best efforts of reproducing gaia with about 5 different recipes and then send them out to the lab to see how they look and tweak from there. May take some time but I'll repost all info here. One way or another we will get the the bottom of this.

Kizza81

Kizza81

I definitely think to exsplore the best organics has to offer we need to do wat your doing bro it took me a good 6 months to get it all together like matey not one place really has more one ingredient I’ve been making my own dry organic amendments for five six years now and would love to help if anyone wants this is wat in getting out of my recipe atm love to help

Kizza81

Kizza81

I definitely think to exsplore the best organics has to offer we need to do wat your doing bro it took me a good 6 months to get it all together like matey not one place really has more one ingredient I’ve been making my own dry organic amendments for five six years now and would love to help if anyone wants this is wat in getting out of my recipe atm love to help
Sorry for shit audio I’m no tech man lol I was saying these plants are bubblegum auto xxl done plenty of autos but the bitches really showed me the size there getting em now is heaps better than five yrs ago all with my own diy organic dry amendments

Flintstone

Flintstone

Yo, im trying to create a custom blend that will mimic gaia green. Seems to be a great product unmatched by any American competitors. At first I just planned to use dr earth 4-4-4 or down to earth vegetable garden but after researching recipes I realized gaia green has a much much much more complex ingredient list. Dr earth seems to be the closest runner up but it is missing quite a few great ingredients like greensand, oyster shell, rock dust, insect frass, blood meal, and a few other lesser important ones. Down to earth offers most of the necessary ingredients individually that could replicate gaia greens ingredients but I am not sure how to come up with a recipe. Any ideas out there? Anyone got a good "4-4-4" blend? I'm looking for information specifically on a solution, not alternatives.
#gaiagreen #drearth #downtoearthorganics
I'm going to cook a lot of soil. Already found my ingredients and what they don't have they'll get it..... But putting a simple Gaia Green hook up with castings and fish shit. Boogie Brew for the Bloom and Namutodes every 2 weeks. Starting 12 seeds Dec 1st or 2nd.... Almost set up for a 12 too 15 plants.
3 Candy Rain hybrid
1 Purple Rain hybrid
2 Blue Dream Extreme hybrid 2 WC 2 Purple Kush And 2 Herijuana

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

For organic soil you have to understand something before you add something to your soil.

All the basic ingredients the plant needs are in the living soil already. You don't need Elephant poop if you have worm castings. So much of these are in many ways duplicates of each other. They ALL break down into the basic components that the plant needs. Adding molasses does nothing really because the plant doesn't eat sugar. They eat salt. Every single ingredient breaks down into one kind or another of salt. So, you don't need 85% of that ingredient list to have a quality living soil. There's only so many flavors of salt the plant likes.

The only other thing you need is MBE's.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Calling our local Canadian @Aqua Man to the rescue 👍
Where you at aqua man!? Admin is name dropping you, im guessing you are just the guy im looking for!
Just rolling through new posts seen I missed a tag by the bug guy ☹ sorry guys. I don't remember what was going on but it's been an eventful year and had a dmfew random breaks.

Oh BTW... I'm organically challenged so I can appreciate what you guys do.

Even if I'm salty and rip on you guys time to time.

^^^^^ huh cmon see what I did there 😉 salty... man I need a vacation lol.

L

loopylou

I would love to know what ratios of these nutrients you're using, currently struggling how to use organics at the correct ratios, currently have gaia green all purpose and flower boost, fish bone meal, kelp meal, bat guano and langbeinite, any help would be appreciated!

Flintstone

Flintstone

I would love to know what ratios of these nutrients you're using, currently struggling how to use organics at the correct ratios, currently have gaia green all purpose and flower boost, fish bone meal, kelp meal, bat guano and langbeinite, any help would be appreciated!
I use Gaia Green all-purpose veg and Bloom.
1st figure out how much soil your going to need.
2nd let's say you want 60gal of soil. I got the HP 3 blend. Coco Choir, peat's moss, and soil. I like the peat's moss because it holds water Coco Choir is loose for oxygen soil keeps it all together.
3rd 75% should be the HP.
4th 25% should be wormcastings
5th I think it's 1 table spoon per gallon so it would be 60 tbsp.
Mix it up really good and it's ready. Now the other ingredients you talked about is up to you. If you don't know how to use them don't
ALWAYS keep it wet because what ever dries up dies.
I also put Fish Shit in my water for a good soil conditioner. ( Use as detected )
I also get pop popper nematodes and u put one pack per 5 gal of soil if you're going to use a 30 gal pot you will have to use 6 packets.. I'm not saying you have or will have pest. But the Nematodes will keep you from getting anything.
Get some root fungus and use it while you germinate it will make your seeds come up quickly and healthy. And use it on every transplant you do. (Don't worry about how much just cover the whole root system. Bottom and around the sides.
Every 40 days top feed the plant with the Gaia Green all-purpose veg until you use the bloom. And I will put a little bit of wormcastings on it too. Not much 2 cups. And water. You change out the Nematodes every 15 days. If you get any deficiencies like spots going along the edge of your leaf boil some banana peels let the water cool of course and mix it in your entire reservoir and it'll take it out if you're plants are turning yellow from the inside out you need more nitrogen coffee grounds is good for that. If the yellow starts from The edge and goes in give it some Epsom salts. Epsom salts will also cure crow's feet. But always use natural things because you don't want to kill your organisms parasites and microbes. Use reverse osmosis water if you like or drinking water is fine out of the bottle not faucet. Spring water it's good too. I don't like using distilled water because it's dead just like reverse osmosis water. But the other ingredients you told me you had if you know how to use them you can use them me I just stick to that recipe and it comes out great. There's a book out there called True Living Organics second edition TLO growing. It's a must buy for a grower that is growing organic. And there are recipes in that book to cook your soil as well. After this winter I'm going to cook a lot of soil and he's going to tell you in the book to do the 1.1 recipe first before you do the 2.2 recipe listen to him the first one will teach you how to use the second one better.

20211020 163820

Last edited:
Flintstone

Flintstone

This is a small video of my new garden. You will see the packets. I don't even put my seeds on a plate. I soaked them in spring water until they sink and get that little tiny tip coming out. I take my finger and put it into the soil mix and I put a little pile of that root fungus I was telling you about and I spray it with water to get it wet I set that up as soon as I drop the seeds into the glass of water. Soon as you're done with soaking your seed and you get that little tiny root coming out stick that root in with tweezers the hole to where it's poking into that fungus. 3 days later to maybe 5 days later you will have a healthy seedling and go from there my friend.

L

loopylou

I use Gaia Green all-purpose veg and Bloom.
1st figure out how much soil your going to need.
2nd let's say you want 60gal of soil. I got the HP 3 blend. Coco Choir, peat's moss, and soil. I like the peat's moss because it holds water Coco Choir is loose for oxygen soil keeps it all together.
3rd 75% should be the HP.
4th 25% should be wormcastings
5th I think it's 1 table spoon per gallon so it would be 60 tbsp.
Mix it up really good and it's ready. Now the other ingredients you talked about is up to you. If you don't know how to use them don't
ALWAYS keep it wet because what ever dries up dies.
I also put Fish Shit in my water for a good soil conditioner. ( Use as detected )
I also get pop popper nematodes and u put one pack per 5 gal of soil if you're going to use a 30 gal pot you will have to use 6 packets.. I'm not saying you have or will have pest. But the Nematodes will keep you from getting anything.
Get some root fungus and use it while you germinate it will make your seeds come up quickly and healthy. And use it on every transplant you do. (Don't worry about how much just cover the whole root system. Bottom and around the sides.
Every 40 days top feed the plant with the Gaia Green all-purpose veg until you use the bloom. And I will put a little bit of wormcastings on it too. Not much 2 cups. And water. You change out the Nematodes every 15 days. If you get any deficiencies like spots going along the edge of your leaf boil some banana peels let the water cool of course and mix it in your entire reservoir and it'll take it out if you're plants are turning yellow from the inside out you need more nitrogen coffee grounds is good for that. If the yellow starts from The edge and goes in give it some Epsom salts. Epsom salts will also cure crow's feet. But always use natural things because you don't want to kill your organisms parasites and microbes. Use reverse osmosis water if you like or drinking water is fine out of the bottle not faucet. Spring water it's good too. I don't like using distilled water because it's dead just like reverse osmosis water. But the other ingredients you told me you had if you know how to use them you can use them me I just stick to that recipe and it comes out great. There's a book out there called True Living Organics second edition TLO growing. It's a must buy for a grower that is growing organic. And there are recipes in that book to cook your soil as well. After this winter I'm going to cook a lot of soil and he's going to tell you in the book to do the 1.1 recipe first before you do the 2.2 recipe listen to him the first one will teach you how to use the second one better.

View attachment 1214870
Thank you so much!

Top Bottom