Customized UC to root big cuts in the system. (3D)

• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey UC users, i was wondering what u guys think of that customized UC design. I've done that because i was wondering how it could be possible to root up BIG cuts str8 into the UC.

U can cut the top of a plant and have it in there. 4 misters, 2 pointing up and 2 pointing down, will mist the cut. All linked to the epicenter of course, and easly removable with a cork to sealed the bucket.

Let me know what you think of it :)
Image 13

Image 14

Image 15

420Gator

420Gator

coolestman. that shit looks cool!

have u taken any cuts that big yet?

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Beautiful work TCM! This could/should/would work great, don't be surprised if you get a call from the folks down @ CC.
The 2 up may cause some issues due to spraying out the top, but that would be a pressure issue I suppose, 4 down would suffice. I would loose the dome as well, its just not needed.
Again, amazing work brother.
FJ

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
coolestman. that shit looks cool!

have u taken any cuts that big yet?

Thx bro, no i never made such big cuttings. I just thought this could be the solution agains having to wait till the lil cuts have rooted and reached the water etc. Not to mention transplanting.

Beautiful work TCM! This could/should/would work great, don't be surprised if you get a call from the folks down @ CC.
The 2 up may cause some issues due to spraying out the top, but that would be a pressure issue I suppose, 4 down would suffice. I would loose the dome as well, its just not needed.
Again, amazing work brother.
FJ

Thx bro i appreciate. Indeed 4 down would probably be better. The dom was just a option for hard to root strains or people dealing with low RH :)

M

mrdizzle

you should probably take that pic down, and drive yourself to CC headquarters with your magic beans because that is a sick idea that should earn you a lil somethin some

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

That looks cool....sir coolest.

Though in my experiences just raising the water level up onto the stem tissue with 100- ppm bloom solution works well. If anything maybe add another stone and air pump to the system for an added pop.

In my past side by sides I've found cuttings resting aerated solution to root more vigorously than aero......anyone else experiment with this?

squarepusher

squarepusher

hi, wanted to pop in, the reason people mostly don't take big cuts, is the same reason that people often cut leaves on fresh clones, is that having 0 root mass and stem only cannot support a large upper plant body. Even with constant misting on the stem, if there are no roots it will be difficult to support a large clone ..

HOWEVER, it looks like your system is a bit of a DD/MPB take, instead of drip feeders on rockwool, you have misters on netpot for clones. This could indeed turn the undercurrent into a viable type cloner for people that wanted to clone in the system from start (although cloning in such a large system may be really overkill with light requirements and space).

btw, that is some wicked computer graphics you are doing. Mind if I ask how you made those simulations?

babyhughie586

babyhughie586

this is a pretty cool design.. it could not only work for cuttings but also for young clones whose roots are not able or too young to be submerged in the water... i had panned on putting a top drip feed on my diy uc because i had to water the plants by hand for the first week or two... but this system would also work... very nice illustrations... i would love to see one built... i have also been batting around an idea for a fogger feed in the UC... deffinatly will be experimenting with one of the ideas in the next couple weeks when my current grow is finished

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
you should probably take that pic down, and drive yourself to CC headquarters with your magic beans because that is a sick idea that should earn you a lil somethin some

lol thx bro, but its cool no worries this way.

That looks cool....sir coolest.

Though in my experiences just raising the water level up onto the stem tissue with 100- ppm bloom solution works well. If anything maybe add another stone and air pump to the system for an added pop.

In my past side by sides I've found cuttings resting aerated solution to root more vigorously than aero......anyone else experiment with this?

This is what i have been wondering about, since i never grew in such system. I heard some people had hard time gettingthe lil cuttings roots to reach water as fast as they needed or wanted. Maybe someone with more experience can let us know more.

hi, wanted to pop in, the reason people mostly don't take big cuts, is the same reason that people often cut leaves on fresh clones, is that having 0 root mass and stem only cannot support a large upper plant body. Even with constant misting on the stem, if there are no roots it will be difficult to support a large clone ..

HOWEVER, it looks like your system is a bit of a DD/MPB take, instead of drip feeders on rockwool, you have misters on netpot for clones. This could indeed turn the undercurrent into a viable type cloner for people that wanted to clone in the system from start (although cloning in such a large system may be really overkill with light requirements and space).

btw, that is some wicked computer graphics you are doing. Mind if I ask how you made those simulations?

Hey bro, i use a app callled Cinema 4D from Maxon. Its a 3D programe that allows u to design anything u can think of.

the dom can be usefull for what u are mentioning here. People with low RH could use a dom for the time the cut root up. Concerning the light and space, i think it can be better, because u can use half of ur lights or even a third and have big cut root str8 in the system so no need of a other veg system no more. Keep mothers in soil thats all :)

this is a pretty cool design.. it could not only work for cuttings but also for young clones whose roots are not able or too young to be submerged in the water... i had panned on putting a top drip feed on my diy uc because i had to water the plants by hand for the first week or two... but this system would also work... very nice illustrations... i would love to see one built... i have also been batting around an idea for a fogger feed in the UC... deffinatly will be experimenting with one of the ideas in the next couple weeks when my current grow is finished

Thx bro, i can't wait to see ur result using that kind of system. :rollj:

C

crossouttheiis

that is funny my buddy was talking about making something like this but have it go through the lid instead of the bucket. Im curious to see how this would work. I am thinking about trying ucmenow method of raising the water up and running 100ppm. I have always just used bubble buckets. I can't wait to finish my new room and have a reliable place that is safe all the time.

B

Bobby Smith

So is that basically a UC but with a top LP aero feed? Or are you talking HP misters? If LP, I've been wondering why they haven't come out with those sooner.......a little LP aero/SWC UC hybrid.

Definitely looks cool, but (if I'm understanding it correctly) what would be the advantage over using an aerocloner and getting long roots that way?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
what are you gonna accomplish with misters?

Id think drippers would be a better solution - at least they wont clog so fast

and like others have said its difficult to root large cuts

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

So is that basically a UC but with a top LP aero feed? Or are you talking HP misters? If LP, I've been wondering why they haven't come out with those sooner.......a little LP aero/SWC UC hybrid.

Definitely looks cool, but (if I'm understanding it correctly) what would be the advantage over using an aerocloner and getting long roots that way?
i think the advantage is to skip having to transplant from one container to another

B

Bobby Smith

i think the advantage is to skip having to transplant from one container to another

I think I'd rather deal (especially if running perpetual) with a day or two of transplant shock than "waste" two weeks of my expensive flowering setup on rooting a clone in.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I think I'd rather deal (especially if running perpetual) with a day or two of transplant shock than "waste" two weeks of my expensive flowering setup on rooting a clone in.

especially if you figure that 100% of clones dont actualy root

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks everyone for the comment. Sorry for late reply my comp crashed! I lost all my logs and passwords soft etc years of researches on internet etc. Anyway i have a new comp now so hopefully i will back up everything this time.

I appreciate al the coments, i dont use a uc so i didt knew if this was worthy or not. My guess is that some might found it more usefull than others.

Thanks everyone

Top Bottom