cut bottom off?

• Thread starter Greenthumb4
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greenthumb4

my plants are 5 feet tall roughly an are going into their second week of flower I have these unwanted branches at the bottom that look as if they will not produce is it okay to cut these off at this stage of the plant's life?

Cut bottom off
Last edited:
justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

yeah man, i agree with OG and i've also very successfully taken those lower branch's off and rooted them and this is actually a great time for this as your stretch should be pretty much done now and being only 2 weeks in they will root normally, just like any cut would.

...i know people who keep no mothers but instead they take cuts from plants 2 weeks into flower and then they root and veg them for the next cycle afterwhich they rinse and repeat, ad infinitum.

peace, bozo

G

Greenthumb4

Thanks I did I had alot of wasted energy. .its hard to cut them off cause it dose make for some good bho

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Definitely a technique best used before flowering is induced. This early in the game though I'm thinking you'll gain more than you'll lose. Good luck man!

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

I also know folks that would flower the 5 foot beauty how she be havesting only ripe tops letting the whole bottom half finish up another 2 to 4 weeks almost doubling your harvest off the same plant. Just a lil food for thought.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

Honestly I think youtube is one of the best places to learn general techniques about growing. Spend a week dedicated to searching youtube videos specific to what you want to learn. The farm is an amazing place to learn also, but you can't beat an actual video. Whenever I have a problem though, the farm is always the first place I come to ask questions. Go on youtube and find my chanel "theherbconnection420" I dont have any information on my page but I follow a lot of growers that have a lot of good information.
Some of the best growers on youtube are "growgreenerguru" "hygrohybrid" "growingwithmrtight" "eastcoastchamillion"
Hygro hybrid is by far the best grower on the tube with the most extensive information amd quality videos to demonstrate. He is by paid subscription only but its only .99 a month. And you get a free two week trial when you subscribe so you could always cancel after that and not pay anything. Lol.

mmmdankbuds420

mmmdankbuds420

I also know folks that would flower the 5 foot beauty how she be havesting only ripe tops letting the whole bottom half finish up another 2 to 4 weeks almost doubling your harvest off the same plant. Just a lil food for thought.
Definitely feeding my thoughts! This is what I love about the farm.

G

Greenthumb4

Ive seen the double harvesting I would love to try it bit need more space to do so amyone in o.c an has space im looking for a warehouse...

Latest posts

Top Bottom