Cut Brown Roots

• Thread starter FlyingW
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FlyingW

FlyingW

I had brown one foot long roots on two plants that are about 3 weeks old and where just not moving along like they should. So I lifted up the net pot and trimmed off all the roots, and after one and a half days all new white roots exploded all across the bottom. Plants never showed any stress.
Cut brown roots

AnselAdams

AnselAdams

Supporter
I had brown one foot long roots on two plants that are about 3 weeks old and where just not moving along like they should. So I lifted up the net pot and trimmed off all the roots, and after one and a half days all new white roots exploded all across the bottom. Plants never showed any stress.View attachment 949442

Good move. ☺ You may want to look into a product on Amazon called Hydroguard. I think you will find that you root problems mostly go away.
What is your water temp, PPM & PH? 🍻

FlyingW

FlyingW

Good move. ☺ You may want to look into a product on Amazon called Hydroguard. I think you will find that you root problems mostly go away.
What is your water temp, PPM & PH? 🍻
Hey thanks for the help, I did start using hydroguard and read a lot of positive feedback. My ppm stays around 650, water temp 69 to 72 degrees, ph I keep at 5.9 and it moves up to 6.1 the next morning, canopy temp I keep at 73 degrees. I think the hydroguard will solve my issues, again thanks for your help.

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

650 is more than doubl;e what you should have at this stage. Stay below 250 until you get a nice white rootball .

Also to kill the RR inside the net pot get a jar big enough for the net pot to fit in and let it soak in h2o2 for 20 minutes, then remove, flush with faucet, then repeat 2xs, twice a day if you can

hth

Top Bottom