Cut my losses or carry on?

• Thread starter Fuzzylines
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

I'm on my first grow on soil and had a lot of overwatering and nute problems at the beginning. Got myself back on track but one of my ladies really doesn't seem to have transplanted very well. Should I cut my losses with the cheese and use the pot for a healthy plant?
Just out of curiosity, how are the other 2 doing?

I won't tell you what seek into veg I am. Its embarrassing!

Cut my losses or carry on
Cut my losses or carry on 2
Cut my losses or carry on 3
Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Thanks. I'm getting new growth through that looks Phosphorus deficient so I'm just upping as I go and hoping everyday they look a little better!

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Welcome. What kind of soil? Added perlite for drainage? In soil try and maintain a proper wet/dry cycle. How close is your light? And what kinda light?

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

So, my soil. Its a UK supermarket branded soil. I literally had no clue when I went and bought my equipment so ended up there. No perlite. I plan to do things very differently next time around.

So up until last week I was feeding daily until the run off tray was full with nutrients daily. After buying 3 separate growing bibles I remedied.

I started with a sunmaster 600hps but I've got the spider farmer sf4000 now. Been hanging about 2 weeks.

Currently feeding when needed (figured out pot weights) and feeding according to run off ppm and ph levels now. Trying to go by feel and eye rather than a schedule now.

Edit: with a lot of stunted growth the big ones (photo periods) around about 5 weeks in. They're NLs and I was wondering how long should I leave it before switching light cycles?

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Nice! Looks like you’re on the right track. Depending on your height limitations, allow those babies to stretch out a bit. Are your lights at the recommended height for veg? The sf4000 has great capabilities. Use this grow as a learning experience and watch how great your next are.
Burnz

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Cut your losses? Those plants are just a wee bit sad, tell 'em a few jokes and they'll perk right up! 😄

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Thanks! Its good to hear lol. I kind of went off on my own and I think i needed to hear that lol.

Yeah I believe so, manufacturers guide is between 18-24 inches at between 60 and 90% power. Ive got a few different heights so I'm within the right range hopefully.

Had a heatwave in the UK and temperature control was impossible!

Hopefully have some great pictures to share soon.

Thanks again!

Fuzzylines

Fuzzylines

Cut your losses? Those plants are just a wee bit sad, tell 'em a few jokes and they'll perk right up! 😄
Haha I wish it was as simple as that! I've had so many problems and cut so much dead foliage I thought starting again was an option!

Top Bottom