cutting big fan leaves early into flower

• Thread starter cutdown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cutdown

Hey yall question that seems to be a hot topic on other sites ,,T o cut big fan leaves that are blocking the bud sites from direct light?What is the problem with pruning the big fans if they are obstructing the direct light to lower growth or to lower bud sites ,can your plant sustain signifigant damage from doing this or is it a old wives tale lol .. It seems it would be a good practice to do it on the premise that more light better ,denser and sweeter growing buds but on other hand its said that the major fan leaves play a role in the plants nourishment and energy storage ? I'm just a beginer but i respect advice and input from some of the experienced growers on this site .. so if yall could please drop by and give me some adivce it will be well received and taken ty .....grow well and rock on :confused0054:.,.,.:rock

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

I pull some of my big fan leaves if their blocking other buds, but I dont go all crazy and strip my plant bear or anything. I just pull afew off ever now and then when I am out visiting the ladies.. Some plants dont even need it, others do... Thanks about all I can tell you about it.

It can help with bugs and getting air throw the plant aswell.

redman420

redman420

you can cut away the parts of the leaf that are covering the buds, dont cut the whole leaf off it will stress the plant.I choose to just push the leaves away from the buds and not cut them.

C

cutdown

Yea man I agree with the whole clip a few off if its getting in the way of the direct light to the buds .so if u were to clip all the major fan leaves off a well thriving plant would that throw the plant into shock? And if so what would the symptoms of that shock be just real curious I'm thinking the shock would stop the plant from growing until it replenished what it lost from the cutting of the leaves if it did that then that would mean the fan leaves stored up energy and would be beneficial to the plant as a whole ..? ? ? What yall think ..and Ty. U two for answering and giving me some insight but as u read got another question lol ...

hiboy

hiboy

No way amigo,
let them sexy blades take off and feed your plant with maximum light intake
h

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

I say leave em alone....i have done both and the yield was less when you take that food away from the plant...don't do it.......see it from a plants point of view......you wouldn't want your food supply taken away......just my 2 cents...dj

B

blayzed76

i have always just let the leaves take their natural progress, the leaves know what they are doing :) its always been my understanding that removing leaves causes some stress to the plant, and i personally try to not do anything to stress my girls :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom