cutting, drying and curing advice please

• Thread starter Thaiwife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Thaiwife

Thaiwife

We are on the last of a 5 plant harvest. The first being a monster blackberry that we had to cut several times and hang buds to dy, so irrelevant in asking for advice. My wife grows in an outdoor enclosure if that matters for discussion.

The 3 subsequent plants were cut/dried/cured as follows "

a) soil was dried in enclosure then moved into a sealed room in our home. Next she packed ice in growing container 2 times over 20 hours to stimulate what she referred to in her limited english as a "frenzy". The buds did get really stickier over the next day. We then cut the plant at the base, hung upside down until dry, then cut buds and put in cure mode for 2 weeks.

b-c) everything the same with the exception she left them inside for 2 days drying further before the ice step, cut and dried same way. Maybe it is just the differing type of plants involved, but 2 & 3 didn't seem to increase "stickiness" .

I'm quite sure there are many ways to cut / dry / cure. We moved the last one inside today, she plans on icing it down tomorrow. Even if not in time for this one, there are 8-9 more that are just entering flowering stage now, so would still welcome any information/advice.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

a) soil was dried in enclosure then moved into a sealed room in our home. Next she packed ice in growing container 2 times over 20 hours to stimulate what she referred to in her limited english as a "frenzy". The buds did get really stickier over the next day. We then cut the plant at the base, hung upside down until dry, then cut buds and put in cure mode for 2 weeks.
I have never heard of this. Your wife sounds like she's no stranger to growing cannabis, though.

Thaiwife

Thaiwife

She has read, watched and talked on the how to part, however, this was her first grow. The curing method described is from a friend she met during her education process.

steamroller

steamroller

So she puts ice on top of the dried soil 2 times?
What are the conditions in the sealed room.
This sounds very interesting.

Thaiwife

Thaiwife

Yes. She puts quite abit of ice on top of the soil covered with an old t-shirt, lets it melt, does it again 10 hours later and when we wake up the next morning it is cut.

3 of the walls are concrete the 4th is a patio door, we don't use a/c in that room. 3 of 4 walls are home interior, so stays cool and dark. I used the word "sealed" earlier, we don't seal the room, an exterior window is left open, screen closed with dark cloth covering. Fans as needed.

Knox

Knox

Hmm, interesting. perhaps this "icing" a method to induce color in the buds by lowering the temperature?

Thaiwife

Thaiwife

I thought the same thing, I got called something I'm sure isn't good in thai for that one. Not for the temp, but for the water. She explained they are dry at that point and the little bit of water they are sucking up stimulates the buds. Got the info from other local growers and some things she watched on internet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom