Cutting Fan leaves under scrog screen, or just small branches?

• Thread starter theTinker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theTinker

Hey farmers.

I've a nice scrog underway at the moment, about 17 days into flowering. Its my first scrog.

Im unclear regards cutting the foliage out underneath the screen.

I'd like to ask for some experienced knowledge on this. Cutting the small branches that will never make it to the screen now makes sense. They arent going to make proper bud and just use energy.

But should i be cutting the Fan leaves on proper bud branches? By which i specifically mean the fan leaves under the screen on the branches i am budding with?

I assume fan leaves obviously create more energy than they use or else are eaten up by the plants for nutes. However I see lots of really bare underscreens in my research..like no fan leaves even!

Onespark

Onespark

Fan leaves are like elevators so we only take them off when they are blocking light to a juicy nug. We trim them at two weeks into flower. These are about to get the treatment...

Scrog wk2

The lowest amount of stress possible in this camp

T

theTinker

so you think i should only cut off the small branches that wont make buds or nothing worth keeping.

Leaves all fan leaves on the good bud branches that are not blocking light, and just try tuck the ones that are blocking light to nugs (and cut them off if needed)?

I keep hearing things about cutting foliage off, but sure it depends on which foliage.
eg small branches with bad bud sites = using energy, Remove.
eg fan leaves not blocking good bud sites = producing energy, Keep.
eg fan leaves blocking good bud sites = tuck away, trim only if cant be tucked. Plant will kill off the leaf if not producing useful energy?

P

paperplane

when you defoliate do it after the 2 week stretch. Just dont hack them up to much all at once you could put them into shock and delay flowering.

Top Bottom