Cutting not growing. HELP!

• Thread starter farmerjohn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

farmerjohn

Will someone please assist me on this question? This is a cutting that has been rooted for about 1 month, but refuses to begin vertical growth. What can I do to urge this important cutting to begin green growth? Thanks in advance, grow gurus!

Cutting not growing help
B

Bud Farmer

Looks to me that all of the growing tips are gone! There should be new growth at each node (where the leaf meets the main). There may be life at the bottom node. But I can't see the it due to the angle of the picture.
Have you had any issues with bugs?

another_sellout

another_sellout

It's a weakling with a hormone imbalance. Throw it away. It'll never be a strong, healthy plant. Just let it go. Sorry. No better advice than that.

urbanite420

urbanite420

Looks like mite damage on those leaves. check the underside for eggs and mites and handle them. besids that, looks like you have nodes that may be able to send out shoots but it is hard to tell if the lateral nodes are intact from your pic. are you giving nutes yet?

F

farmerjohn

Thank you all for the assist on this. It is beat up a bit. And it is outside, so bug & mite damage is possible. I may do the smear test for mites & controller mites, just to be sure. I do have the strain safely retained with some other cuttings, so I think I will toss this one. The growth node is gone, now that I look @ it. Truthfully, I thought even a barren node would eventually sprout, but this one is in no hurry, that's for sure!

I

iahsound

ya the roots probly got damaged or burned during trans. and uglied up the new growth>
good luck!

R

Ruff Ruffman

I need to agree with Bud farmer, I have done this as well to my favorite Bubba strain. I believe you have none of the growing tips left. This plant will live and root but only stem and leaf..sorry chap but I do hope you have that strain still...

M

Messy

Looks like you don't have any growing nodes. Also looks like SM are on this one. I would put the plant, dirt, and the bucket all in a black garbage bag and toss it. It only takes 1 egg to start an infestation and as we all know Spider Mites are the DEVIL.

R

r1mob

iv experienced clones taken from a mother who had mites and they would not grow although the mother grew regardles .

Top Bottom