Do you cut your plants down in total darkness

• I do

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • I don't

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters
P

paulycali

Wondering how many farmers out there harvest there plants in the dark? I use a green headlamp when entering my room for harvest time. I chop them all down in the dark. Who else uses this method?

supercharged

supercharged

any particular reason why u do this bro?

i heard that the canabanoids r most active in the morning wen the lights come on.... not sure how much truth there is 2 this though.

peace, SC

Giddeon

Giddeon

^^ I have heard similar things.

I usually harvest when its night time outside. That was the neighbors aren't out and about with their sniffers.

K

kolah

I harvest at night and follow the moon cycles for planting AND for harvesting. Before the initial harvest I spend a few moments in prayer, burning sage and giving thanks. These plants give their lives up for our benefit.

Asbestos4u

Asbestos4u

I dont even enter the garden with lights out. Too many bamboo sticks to stick me in the eye with...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
For years I used to pick before the lights would come on, then make sure the lights didn't come on and I had read the oils would be highest in the early am before the lights or whatever time is before lights on for you. But nowadays, due to trimming fresh I pull em when the workers are ready, I feel if it's high quality it really isn't going to make or break it if I pick before lights on or just make sure lights don't come on and pick whenever people are ready to work...Can't say I notice any adverse effect of not doing it the ole method.

baba G

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I pick them in the day time or when lights r on b'cuz I got 2 see what the Hell I'm doing..

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
they smell stronger about 3 hours before lights on, but in the end i can't say it really matters.

W

WI$C-

I definately go in with a green headlamp in the mid of night, unless you have a medi license to be growing outdoors, then fuckin right go in during the day

Legion

Legion

You guys are getting a little crazy.. lol I bathe myself in fresh virgin goat blood and dance under the full moon... naked.. makes my plants come out good every time... ;)

Do a test.. Chop all your plants in the dark but one. Then turn the lights on and chop that last plant. Label it somehow and treat it just like the rest. tie some string to the buds from that plant or something. Then have a friends or someone set up a double blind test. You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right but I bet you won't be able to repeatably pick the stuff you cut in the dark. One thing to try is to set out 4 samples. But, you'll never know if it's 2 of one and 2 the other or 3 of one and 1 of the other or all of one.

Better yet, end all this nonsense and send samples to a lab and find out for sure.

O

Organicyumyum

You guys are getting a little crazy.. lol I bathe myself in fresh virgin goat blood and dance under the full moon... naked.. makes my plants come out good every time... ;)

Do a test.. Chop all your plants in the dark but one. Then turn the lights on and chop that last plant. Label it somehow and treat it just like the rest. tie some string to the buds from that plant or something. Then have a friends or someone set up a double blind test. You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right but I bet you won't be able to repeatably pick the stuff you cut in the dark. One thing to try is to set out 4 samples. But, you'll never know if it's 2 of one and 2 the other or 3 of one and 1 of the other or all of one.

Better yet, end all this nonsense and send samples to a lab and find out for sure.

better yet, do yourself a favor and don't waste your time. this seems pretty asinine to me. If there is a difference, which I highly doubt, is it really gonna be a big enough difference for a) anyone to tell and b) to have to risk busting your ass or poking your eye out on a bamboo stake in the dark? lmao. In the last 11 years I have never noticed a difference of cutting in the dark or light. Guess what? if it's bomb you will be getting high regardless. This sounds like another wives tale, such as putting orange peels in your soil to give it a fruity flavor, or hanging a whole plant up with the root ball to get more potency out of it. Grow your plants to their potential and you will be more than satisfied whether you cut in the dark or light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom