Cutting small buds when flowering..

• Thread starter Rikismom420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Hi all, I cut some of the smaller colas from bottom that will not get enough light , so I didn’t flush my plants ,are they ok to process to smoke or other.little ones are sticky skunky little stinkers .
I grow 2 300 watt Led
Soil fox farms and coco
Ff nutrients
2x4x5 tent
4 th week in flower
Thxxx ahead of time
Happy growing

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yes just dry them like normal. If plants are overfed flushing with a lot of water wont make a difference anyway. Organic growers dont flush and it can taste wonderful

A technique called double or selective harvesting can bring you higher yield of quality buds though.

Cut the tops when ready and let the lowers keep growing a while longer so they can develop and finish like the tops.

I have done this. It works. I raised the second half of the plant closer to the light with stands.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Flushing is a semi cannabis urban legend, with some swearing by it and others swearing at it. The idea is that your plant is so full of chemicals from feeding it so much that you need to flush out the soil to let the plants get rid of the supposed extra stuff that they have taken up while growing and flowering. With the insane amount of stuff many growers pour on their plants, it might have a grain of truth to it. Using just what the plant needs and not what we would like to think that the plants need eliminates the need for anything like this. If you are using so much stuff that it affects the taste, I would say that too much is being used. That is just my opinion.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Flushing is a semi cannabis urban legend, with some swearing by it and others swearing at it. The idea is that your plant is so full of chemicals from feeding it so much that you need to flush out the soil to let the plants get rid of the supposed extra stuff that they have taken up while growing and flowering. With the insane amount of stuff many growers pour on their plants, it might have a grain of truth to it. Using just what the plant needs and not what we would like to think that the plants need eliminates the need for anything like this. If you are using so much stuff that it affects the taste, I would say that too much is being used. That is just my opinion.

I have posted this before but it is appropriate after your post.

Very large and well known black market growers told me that they “flush” they said leach the pots or res with fresh water during ripening so they can push the plants for yield with max fertilizer levels and then leach them out for faster sale.

Pretry sure that morphed into flush before harvest myth.

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Just checking with you experts .lol. I dont push the nutrients , maybe once every week. But I do like the idea of cutting the colas and then letting the little ones keep growing... just wanted those who smoke it to have a nice puff or three..I will flush some later on out when flowering done, just for the heck of it. I do edibles myself .😇thx all for info ,
Happy growing

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

There is just the minor problem that science has never observed a transport mechanism that would remove chemicals from the plant, and studies have shown that flushing doesn't change the nitrogen content of the plant.

Nutrient transport pathways across the root boundary are very well understood. They work one way: they bring nutes into the plant. They have evolved over tens of millions of years to transport nutrients and water from the soil to the plant. There is no evolutionary force that has operated to evolve an opposite pathway. For growers to believe this happens requires some pretty fantastic, magical thinking, that is unsupported by current scientific observation and understanding.

What flushing -can- do is remove toxic concentrations of nutes from the soil so that poisoning of the plant can stop, in the case of overfeeding. But if you think water in the soil is going to pull nitrogen from the plant, you should share what you're smoking.

Top Bottom