Cutting your losses and starting over.

• Thread starter Yurfutur1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Recently I had a scare that I had a possible infestation of. I panicked I ran to Lowe's Home Depot orchid all trying to figure out what could I buy that would cure russet mites. It was a blessing that it wasn't caused by Russell mites I did not have an infestation, but toxcity issue from feeding the plants a 1550 PPM nutrient solution for their second feeding. That's gear taught me two things. First I was unprepared 4 an infestation and secondly I didn't employ p.m. into my grow leaving myself open for an infestation.
That night when I ran off to those stores I ended up buying like $170 worth of insecticides middle sizing you know different things and also bought powerful magnifying glasses loops and things of that sort to see real good.
Now 4 days I've been have a nice touch of my plants under a microscope looking at him believes the soil everything. And I learned that even if it hadn't been an infestation they cause my leaves to look like that then it would have happened in a couple of weeks while I'd be in flowering cycle, which would have been a real headache to attempt to cure.
Before anyone sent me a message I had no idea I've just thrashing all the plants because I had had trouble out of them from the onset. The only good thing about them was a germinated in 2 days and they will all female. But from stretching is to having a steak I mean just baby on the whole past five six weeks was Daunting to think that I would have to do that the whole life cycle. So when I receive response services from a few of the growers on this page telling me to trash and start a new I was for sure that that's what I needed to do. But then here comes my cape and I decide that I need the experience of trying to save them just in case. I spent hours on the first couple of plants washing a leaves with a sponge pickin little things I seen off and didn't realize to me I need to dump this because even if I manage to save one it would be dangerous to take that once infected plant into my area with my uninfected plants.
So my question is during a grow, when do you say, I've got got to save this plant I'm not giving up on it?

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

THCFarmer - Cannabis Cultivation Network

Cutting your losses and starting over.
Unwatch
•••
[IMG alt="Yurfutur1"]https://www.thcfarmer.com/data/avatars/m/112/112278.jpg?1581839335[/IMG]
Yurfutur1
20 minutes ago
  • Add bookmark
Recently I had a scare that I had a possible infestation of Russet Mites. I panicked I ran to Lowe's Home Depot orchid all trying to figure out what could I buy that would cure russet mites. It was a blessing that it wasn't caused by Russell mites I did not have an infestation, but toxcity issues from feeding the plants a 1550 PPM nutrient solution for their second feeding. And having strong LEDs too close to my plants. That scare taught me two things. First I was unprepared for an infestation and secondly I didn't employ pm into my grow leaving myself open for an infestation.
That night when I ran off to those stores I ended up buying like $170 worth of insecticides, miticides, etc., you know different things and also bought powerful magnifying glasses Loupes and things of that sort to see my girls real good.
Now for days I've been putting my plants under a microscope, surprised as to what I'm seeing but there's no outward signs of distress yet . I'm very aware that an infestation was in my near future. Most likely two weeks later while I was in floweringI learned that even if it hadn't been an infestation they cause my leaves to look like that then it would have happened in a couple of weeks while I'd be in flowering cycle, which would have been a real headache to attempt to cure.
Before anyone sent me a message I had an idea of trashing all the plants because I had had trouble out of them from the onset. The only good thing about them was they germinated in 2 days, all were females, even though they were not feminized seeds . It became daunting to think that I would have to do that the whole life cycle. Babying them to health. So when I receive response services from a few of the growers on this page telling me to trash and start a so even though I thought about it and I received numerous text telling me don't waste my time I put my cape on and tried to save them 2 days later exhausted because the amount of energy that I put in to try to cure these plants and they still have insects. like the bugs are saying it's my house. I thought trashing them would ruin the opportunity to gain experience infestationsnew I was for sure that that's what I needed to do. But then here comes my cape and I decide that I need the experience of trying to save them just in case. I spent hours on the first couple of plants washing a leaves with a sponge pickin little things I seen off and didn't realize to me I need to dump this because even if I manage to save one it would be dangerous to take that once infected plant into my area with my uninfected plants.
So my question is during a grow, when do you say, I've got got to save this plant I'm not giving up on it?
So my question is when do you say I'm not giving up I'm going to help you get through this? Because I spent hours on this three plants trying to cure them are rid them of bugs and really got no. where. I do not believe my decision to fight with wrong. Maybe he'll fought at the time but not wrong because I learnt what I needed to do and where to get it from when I have a problem like that I also found out I need to start implementing p.m. and always checking the rear of my leaves.

Quote Reply
Report •••

Remove formattingBoldItalicUnderlineText colorFont sizeInsert linkSmiliesInsertAlignmentListUndoRedoToggle BB code

Write your reply...

Post replyPreview
=110441&hash=cf3e59f4a00c44422b12c049553fd4cd']Upload Videos =110441&hash=cf3e59f4a00c44422b12c049553fd4cd']Upload Photos
Share:
RedditPinterestTumblrWhatsAppEmailLink
Share this page
RedditPinterestTumblrWhatsAppEmailLink

logo-footer.png

Help & Support
Important Links
Important Forums
Connect With Us

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Recently I had a scare that I had a possible infestation of. I panicked I ran to Lowe's Home Depot orchid all trying to figure out what could I buy that would cure russet mites. It was a blessing that it wasn't caused by Russell mites I did not have an infestation, but toxcity issue from feeding the plants a 1550 PPM nutrient solution for their second feeding. That's gear taught me two things. First I was unprepared 4 an infestation and secondly I didn't employ p.m. into my grow leaving myself open for an infestation.
That night when I ran off to those stores I ended up buying like $170 worth of insecticides middle sizing you know different things and also bought powerful magnifying glasses loops and things of that sort to see real good.
Now 4 days I've been have a nice touch of my plants under a microscope looking at him believes the soil everything. And I learned that even if it hadn't been an infestation they cause my leaves to look like that then it would have happened in a couple of weeks while I'd be in flowering cycle, which would have been a real headache to attempt to cure.
Before anyone sent me a message I had no idea I've just thrashing all the plants because I had had trouble out of them from the onset. The only good thing about them was a germinated in 2 days and they will all female. But from stretching is to having a steak I mean just baby on the whole past five six weeks was Daunting to think that I would have to do that the whole life cycle. So when I receive response services from a few of the growers on this page telling me to trash and start a new I was for sure that that's what I needed to do. But then here comes my cape and I decide that I need the experience of trying to save them just in case. I spent hours on the first couple of plants washing a leaves with a sponge pickin little things I seen off and didn't realize to me I need to dump this because even if I manage to save one it would be dangerous to take that once infected plant into my area with my uninfected plants.
Yes I am aware that's why I discarded it and resubmitted it. Because I'm not good at typing or texting so I talk to text which causes a lot of mistakes that I forgot to check before I sent.

Vagician

Vagician

To answer your question; when you are considering applying pesticides as a means to cure your problem, that is when you cut it, sterilize, and restart. Everything you put into the plants will end up in what you consume. Getting baked is not worth getting cancer. If you have a room that isn't infested, never bring a potentially infested plant into it.

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

I am out here in Colorado with all the russet, broad, and spider mite borg. I have "had to" cut my loses before. But I was also a newb. The next time it came up I went to war instead and saved the whole garden.
All in all it took the same time for the plants to bounce back and get ready for flower I think. Also had way too big of plants that were hard to keep clean.
Now if something gets outta hand up I'm kinda in between. I take small cuts, keep the genetics, but get rid of anything too big to dunk in a bucket.
Also I have managed to get rid of broad mites and the borg spider mites from a warehouse grow without any real pesticides. Regular old contact killers like Soap, Neem, Hydrogen peroxide, and herbs in rotation will kill anything if you can keep up on the hatching lifecycle. But once the mites are gone and nothing is in the growrooms I will throw in a bug bomb just in case.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Dude I appreciate that but I am so screwed right now. For 2 days I've been working on getting these pots getting these plants back. Only to find out about 30 minutes ago that my whole house is infected. The crawling up walls. I started some clones 2 days ago they got inside the Clone. Not just in my grow room but in my living room while I have regular plants. And I believe that's how I started. I used to put my regular plants outside for a couple days last week. I don't know what to do. I got sulfur bleach it's 31 insecticide

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

What is it, the russet mites?
If you're still small might want to just reset yes.
Gotta be careful with those house plants, that is also how I have this done this to myself.
Add some rosemary and cilantro to your house plant collection in the future, bugs leave that smell alone. And some weak flowers like marigold as indicators if you have a pest(they'll attack those first)

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

When I say there's all different types of bugs.. look like some of the like Matt's some like white flies summer Brown summer look like sticks, somewhat like little worms you guys all of them you have to see up under a lens then when I look in the Coco fiber where the new Seedlings are have fat red orange things

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

Still kinda confused though, checked your other thread and still not convinced you have mites. Unless you're getting that wiggly orange mass at the leaf crotches(whatever that is called) you probably don't have those. Broad mites are all over but mostly in new growth, and you'll see em move out of the lens if you get on em with the scope and light. Spider mites you'll almost see with your eyes as dots under the leaves.

Oh hey catching your new post, If you're seeing it in the soil its probably much less harmful than one of those mites. Won't see those in the dirt. thrips, gnats, aphids maybe? All can be taken care of with some yellow/blue sticky traps, gnat dunks, or a soil drench with light insecticide like neem or spinosad a few times.

Growing_Garbage

Growing_Garbage

You might just have white flies, they grow up from larvae in the soil and like to attack tomatoes. Pretty harmless if they don't get out of control....

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Don't know what it is but I'm preparing a solution of this sulfur water and bleach I'm going to spray everything plants to

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Okay did you all don't hear from me in a couple hours. That means I'm probably dead a real real sick. I've prepared sulfur dust, diatomaceous earth, bleach, bed bug killer, Deltamthrin, bleach, and dishwashing liquid. It's already fizzing, so I'm knowing two of them wasn't supposed to be in there together, probably an acid and a base, pray for me because I got to be smarter than a bug

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Dude! Never spray unless you have positively identified a pest. And surely dont listen to strangers on the internet without a ton of research at least. The best and worse advice is all here on the same threads.

Yurfutur1

Yurfutur1

Dude! Never spray unless you have positively identified a pest. And surely dont listen to strangers on the internet without a ton of research at least. The best and worse advice is all here on the same threads.
I didn't spray because of them, if you look I put it out there for someone to give me something and it seems that everyone was at a loss, so I took matters in my own hand because there was no way I was sleeping here tonight with all that s*** I seen. I never thought to look at my walls my kitchen table my bathtub. I seen it in the grow tent that's the only place I expected to be. But when I seen they were in my kitchen on the counter nah wasn't having that one. That sulfur has my eyes burning very bad. Outside of that I'm okay. Everybl bug that was sprayed stopped imoving almost on contact. I was able to put the top back on the clones. After one more round a patterning and then spraying I'm really considering putting the rest of this stuff in bottles and selling it to the growers community. I'm about to get Rich.🤣
I sprayed a little on the clones to get the bugs off of the stem but
I couldn't bring myself to spray the plants though. Ill throw them away before I do that cuz I don't know what the effects will do now or later..
How many bottles do you need because I'll go ahead and apply your THC farmers discount.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I havent seen your plants but others are saying they dont see signs of bugs so i was hoping i wasnt too late.

I have run a perpetual 24/7 with 2 rooms for 6 years and never sprayed for pests. I have had gnats from wet stored soil but thats it.

Unless you bring marijuana specific pests into your own room it is unlikely to get them. If you do have them maybe from the clones? Then you identify and use the proper pesticide. You dont spam plants with chemicals and then ingest them.

THCMonster

THCMonster

Bro did you really just say you made a Sulfur and Bleach spray and are going to bottle it and sell it to people? 😳😥😅😂

Latest posts

Top Bottom