Cuttings a go go ,

• Thread starter One drop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
12 cuts looking great 6 strawberry cough 6 girl guide taken 4 days ago I like to take laterals off the plant for cuttings I find it give me a smaller compact plant in growing in 3x3 areas I keep the light off them using a old envelope over top of dome .

Cuttings a go go
Cuttings a go go 2
Cuttings a go go 3
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
How are they doing @One drop ?
they are doing great I think 8 out of the 12 have struck roots but the other 4 have started to take .very happy with the result . Here's 2 that I put into solo cup challenge took 4 to 5 days before they showed roots thats good for down here in freezing cold Tassie winter .

IMG 20200520 173314
IMG 20200520 173203
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
By the way I take laterals for cuttings mainly they give me a smaller compact plant more so that using the tops or tips as we call them in OZ . I toss the tops to compost .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I'll offer a little tip here one drop that would apply to the solo cup challenge. A cheat if you will... If you keep that clone in the dome for an additional 5 days or so and wait for the roots to really explode, it will take off much quicker when you plant it in the solo cup. Like a rocket!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yep I got a new dome to put them in to be got to expand my production line .... Cheers DB

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Here's a quick update all cuttings struck roots and pumping out roots , have taken @Dirtbag advice left them for a bit longer and boy oh boy look at them now . Top tips from a top farmer cheers DB .

IMG 20200530 113223
IMG 20200530 113308
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Nice! I like to hold out for a good patch of roots, when you plant that sucker its gonna take right off!
Here is an old pic, havent used peat pucks in a while but this is how I like to see them. Even a bit more bushy than this even. I've gone as far as 2 weeks in the tray after first seeing roots before transplant, but that's excessive imho.
Screenshot 20200529 184702 Gallery

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Yep I’ll leave them in with dome off now the girl guid have just started to send out nice solid white beauties , with the way my grow is going I’ll be able now to have 2 complete same strain grows no more mixed grows to hard to make all the ladies happy at all the same time plus with the Strawberry C well fired up before the GG I can keep my stone age round wheel grow perpetually into a better production line , once tent #1 has finished I’m at week 5 ending 6 about to start ,i Move over the crop in tent #2 that tent is running hotter than tent #1 because the plants are just in major veg stage it like a hot summers day at 32 deg c Rh 55% to 65% they stay in there till week #4 to week #5 sometimes depending on space week #6 then to the cooler tent #1 running at 24 to 27 deg c RH 50% to 60% to do the last 6 weeks meanwhile back in the summer tent major veg at high temp can carry on with the Strawberry cough clones iv got ready a few weeks before under the ts5 .

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Lateral cuts FTW imo

I do the same as Dirtbag. A week in the dome, then once roots break, I slowly lower the humidity in the dome over the next 7-10 days. They will in fact EXPLODE!

🍻

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Cheers thanks for the reply even at my age still learning every day , I can see the difference and change the way I was old school doing it by the numbers , but if you take a step back adhere to the great advice given you can achieve even better plant material to work with I really appreciate both of your comments given this site makes you a better grower no question about that . OD .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Lateral cuts FTW imo

I do the same as Dirtbag. A week in the dome, then once roots break, I slowly lower the humidity in the dome over the next 7-10 days. They will in fact EXPLODE!

🍻
I find taking cuts from those branches gives me a smaller compact plant and better for my 3x3 spaces .

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
I find taking cuts from those branches gives me a smaller compact plant and better for my 3x3 spaces .

Exactly bro, exactly! When I ran a clone-only garden I would always start new moms from the healthiest laterals, as well as use them for my 4x2x4 sog. Perfect 👌

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Ok well they have grown up and ready to be tossed under 400w MH @18/6 hr 4"inline exhaust , 3" passive air intake.70%/30%coco perlite, going to run Reiziger again but at a lower rate from 3ml per lt I'll use 2 ml per lt for first then if need to raise it can go up .5 of a ml.
IMG 20200627 162510
Strawberry cough.
IMG 20200627 162523
Girl guide.

IMG 20200627 162634
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ok well they have grown up and ready to be tossed under 400w MH @18/6 hr 4"inline exhaust , 3" passive air intake.70%/30%coco perlite, going to run Reiziger again but at a lower rate from 3ml per lt I'll use 2 ml per lt for first then if need to raise it can go up .5 of a ml.View attachment 992147Strawberry cough.View attachment 992149Girl guide.

Super nice job. Plants came out great and look really happy!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Hey thanks mate finally I have gotten to single strain grows no more hassle with feeding times . Od .

Latest posts

Top Bottom