cuttings in aero cloner getting yellow?

• Thread starter innercityphunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

innercityphunk

I put some cuttings in my DIY aero cloner four days ago and a few of the tops are turning yellow. my sump temp is 74 and ph is 6.1.

Are these numbers good?

I can't really see any sprouting going on at this point.

This is my first attempt at doing my own clones.

I took the cutting at least four nodes down one of the lower branches. and just above another set of nodes.

I could use a few pointers.

I'd appreciate any help. thnx.
icp

P

primeform

yes they will start to get yellow and this is actually good. If possible you should take your clones from a mother that is starting to turn a little yellow from nitrogen deficiency. This is actually what makes the clone want to root. When the clone starts to run out of nutrients it realizes it needs to throw off its own roots to find its own food. you can minimize the yellowing by using less intense light (just move the light up farther or use less lumen bulb). Also you can trim back the leaves before you put them in the ez clone. This reduces water loss via the leaves and keeps them from yellowing as fast.

You should start to see root growth in the next few days just be patient. you can add some root excel around day 7 at 1mil/gallon to make things go. what kind of cloning formula did you add to the EZ water?

4.D.

are you using ro water? read jackmayoffers thread on clones, dude gets roots fast!

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Is your pump on a timer? Sounds like water temps are a bit on the warmish side.

Just went back to your old thread and saw you asked the question about timing. Mine is set for 50 seconds on and 350 seconds off.

What's in your rez? I used tap water, let it set with an airstone for a day and then added 4mls per gallon of Power Clone from Botanicare. When my ph went above 6.4 I added some superthrive to lower my ph and give the little nubs that had started to protrude a bit of b1.

Once I had full blown roots I added a bit of Roots Excelurator and they really took off.

I

innercityphunk

how about my sump temp? 74•

I have my pump running 24/7

I'm using tap water. no R.O setup. (yet)
I have really low ppm in my tap water.

P

primeform

sounds like everything is fine to me. i also use protekt to give them more durability. id give it a few days before i was too worried. move your light up a bit if they are yellowing that fast.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

what's the ppm on your tap water? You may want to add some "micro" to it if it's below 300.

I

innercityphunk

I'm not sure at my ppm's are, they don't measure on my truncheon.

St3ve

St3ve

I always use straight tap (comes out around 200ppm) that I've let sit for a day. I let the pump run 24/7 until I see roots pop out around day 7-10 or so, then I put on a timer for 1 min on 4 off. You want your water temp a little warmer than ambient while your waiting for the roots to get started. Then you want the water a little cooler as they start growing out.

Always works 100% for me. By week 3 in the cloner, I have 10" roots.

Top Bottom