Cuttings In Water

• Thread starter bigblue72
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigblue72

bigblue72

hi peeps I have been having a nightmare with cloning , tried all the rockwool , jiffys , bubbler and straight into coco after a day they all drop down dead and have to be thrown . So I thought it was because the medium was too wet so decided to try and root them in a glass of water and slowly and surly they are wilting over dead !!! really don't know what to do as I cant get anything to root any advice farmers thanks

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Alright bro, #1 thing if your plants aren't healthy, it makes it tough to clone.
I do it like this,
1470618164689 380386001
Plugs in a cup of water up to the bottom of the fat part of the plug. Haven't lost one since I started doing this, with semi healthy plants, at the worst.
1470618364260 1918618732

They get morning sun and then ambient daylight for the rest of the day. The plug will soak up what it needs to stay moist, just keep an eye on the water level. SSometimes I have to fill the water level just a little bit higher for the wilting reason.
The plug let's the plant soak up water AND oxygen. Sounds like you are drowning them. I had trouble with just branches in a cup of water with no plug. This has to be the easiest way. Just plugs and water.

bigblue72

bigblue72

thanks for the advice you 2 so do the cuts whilst sitting in water need a dome over them as well ?

Michiganmeds

Michiganmeds

I always just cut the branch scraped a little and stuck in a coco cube then put them in the tray and add 3/4inch of water and covered with dome. Had 70% rooted in 5-7 days. Then I also got a heat mat and upped it to 90-100% rooted

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I don't know if luck has anything to with, but, yeah I feel lucky to be able to do it this way and get away with it. The days are getting shorter so we will see how this continues to work going into the fall and winter...

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

I'm not the fastest rooter, but why change what isn't broken? It usually takes a couple weeks, but they stay strong.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I run 25 site aero cloner erst with 99.999% clone rates. I rarely lose a clone any more.

Tap h20 ph to 6.0
Pump runs 24/7
T5 light
Dip n grow cloning solution at 20% dilution soaking for 5 mins
Water temp is 77/78*
Fan circulating clone room
Temps 81*, 65%rh
NO dome, Aero cloners don't need a dome
Nubs in 3 days, root ball in 5, potting in 8 days from cut. 11 strains

X2 on only taking healthy cuts. I've taken tops and lower cuts, same growth rate.

dankninja

dankninja

did you start rooting in another medium before putting into water? water cloning, just simple water cloning, wont kill off your cuts itself. DWC units, aerocloners, are both great ways to speed up water cloning, but really you just need a glass of water and patience. used to clone in solo cups with upside down coffee cup lids, worked pretty successfully.

these are 2 good threads with demon's unit and mine, some pertinent info.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/any-exp-with-bubbler-cloners-anyone.53543/

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/cloning-machine-solution.79332/

DN

dankninja

dankninja

absolutely good to change water / reservoir regularly. no humidity dome is needed for water cloning. I recommend checking out demon's cloner, my cloner, and researching the simple water cloning method online or on farm here. best way I have found to get roots safely and quickly, very minimal loss if any.

DN

Halosmoker

Halosmoker

I cut them and swish them around in a inner filet of aloe Vera. I then soak all the cuts in Aloe water for 24 hours. Drop them in root riots (soaked in aloe & coconut water), spray them down with aloe water - dome them for ten days - and wallah! Don't open the dome, make sure the light is not too intense. Keep the reservoir at proper level.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I think some sort of dome or other method to hold humidity is key. I just use opaque plastic cups, one cut short and filled with damp coco and then another on top to act as a dome. I trim my leaves to fit within the top cup. Pop the top off once a day to exchange air and then leave it off permanently after a week or so. 2-3 weeks to have a rooted plant ready to roll.

The humidity aspect is where I think you might be having an issue. The only time they have flopped over and died on me was when I tried not using cups/dome. I like opaque plastic cups as they help dull any light that might be to intense.

xavier7995

xavier7995

I am planning on doing the same thing as the good Dr. for my next round, mostly cause I don't want to go get more coco.

dankninja

dankninja

ive never had to use a dome with a water cloning method ever. not necessary imo since the plants are uptaking water from the reservoir or cup. and also alot easier to harden off once you actually have roots.

peace
DN

Latest posts

Top Bottom