Cuttings outdoors but in the shade?

• Thread starter Terpeneluv
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Ok, here's yet another novice question.

Is it possible to take cuttings from plants in my sent indoors, use rooting gel, etc and put them in a some outdoors in the shade? I've done this with Thai Basil, Peppers, Rosemary and a couple,emother things with nearly 100% success. But can it be done with our sacred plant?

I have a cheapo blurple light but I'd have to put it in a closet upstairs, but I live downstairs in the summer as it's too hotmand muggy up there and I don't want to open vents for AC, as well as other reasons...

It's been in the mid 80s where I'm at with roughly 50 to 60% himidity outdoors. There's a table in my deck that's completely covered withh shade.

Is this a viable option?

BudBogart

BudBogart

Is it possible to take cuttings from plants in my sent indoors, use rooting gel, etc and put them in a some outdoors in the shade? I've done this with Thai Basil, Peppers, Rosemary and a couple,emother things with nearly 100% success. But can it be done with our sacred plant?

I have a cheapo blurple light but I'd have to put it in a closet upstairs, but I live downstairs in the summer as it's too hotmand muggy up there and I don't want to open vents for AC, as well as other reasons...

It's been in the mid 80s where I'm at with roughly 50 to 60% himidity outdoors. There's a table in my deck that's completely covered withh shade.

Is this a viable option?

If they are shaded, cool enough with good humidity, I think they would be fine.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Somebody? Anybody? Wanna go this first thing in the morning. Hoping it will work due to budget concerns.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I’m not really a clone guy. Hopefully others will pitch in, but unless I’m missing something, you have few other options and only cuttings or snips, aka clones at risk.
Look up perfect cloning techniques and see how close you can get with what you have. It doesn’t sound like a crazy idea or I would tell you so.
Very best of luck.

Seraphine

Seraphine

I think it would work. Just watch them closely. I would think anything over 85F would be too hot. You might have to mist them a lot. No humidity dome, they would probably bake in that.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

I think you may be right on two points.

1. Maybe I don't need the dome because it's like 87 and there's 70% humidity.

2. Really, the only way to know is to try. If they're looking like hell, bring them in and figure something else.

Thanks, man. I think that's the plan. I don't leave for work tomorrow till noon. Tea, medicine and cut before work!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Your seedlings will benefit from a lot of light, although direct sunlight might be too much initially. You don't want them to be shaded, but maybe under a smaller tree that will allow filtered sunlight down without being full sun 100% of the time.

Seraphine

Seraphine

You could put the dome on at night when it’s cooler but make sure the ventilation is good. Let us know how it worked. I’ve only cloned under quantum boards with 18/6 lighting.
Your seedlings will benefit from a lot of light, although direct sunlight might be too much initially. You don't want them to be shaded, but maybe under a smaller tree that will allow filtered sunlight down without being full sun 100% of the time.
I was thinking filtered sun might be good too. Or in a location where they get morning sun and shaded from the hot afternoon sun.

Ace9137

Ace9137

Is this a viable option?
Cannabis is a plant, everything you mentioned is a plant. I am not being mean, I promise, just being sensible. Cannabis can be the most resilient plant I have ever seen, with that said, as long as you have the environment and place for them, I don't see why not, although it would be easier to do indoors, you could clone almost anything indoors or out without much problem.

Terpeneluv

Terpeneluv

Thanks. Yeah, I figured since I've done it with a multitude of other less resilient plants, it should work and I think I have the perfect place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom