Cutworm problem!!! Need help asap

• Thread starter tightwadisocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tightwadisocal

HI ALL, Im doing a outdoor grow and its getting attacked with greenworms, its got a couple weeks left in the cycle, is there anything i can do to reduce/ eliminate/ prevent losses, having to harvest early is the only option losing out on yield and potency :( :help:

Mr. Greengenes

Mr. Greengenes

You can spray BT right up until a day or two before harvest. Many products in the garden center contain Bacillus Thuringiensis and it's safe around humans and pets. Safer Caterpillar Killer is one. It's important to jump on it right away because they're out there eating buds as we speak!

GOTO-gumi

GOTO-gumi

Preventative is ceader chips as a mulch and mothballs in pantyhose tied around the trunk of the plant. but I been thru this for five years now and the very best thing is to Pick them out by hand and harvest when ready your loses will be the smallest if you harvest early everything will be crap IMO. We got good at noticing which buds had the worms by the hairs. the other thing to do is look for them on the stems as they hatch there then climd up to the very tip and eat downwards . Take the damaged bud and dry them out and smoke them during the trim. nothing wrong with them for yourself but not something to sell.

I would avoid the spary all together amd work it by hand.

Goto-893

lazarus718

lazarus718

BT for sho!!! That stuff is amazing bro, any worm or caterpillar will not stand a chance and you can buy it in either powder or liquid form. It's a bacteria that once applied to your foliage will stay there for up to a month. When the worm eats the plant the bacteria reeks havoc on its digestive system, making it unable to eat and it dies a day or so later. Mr. Greengenes is right, you can use it up to the day you harvest.
~Laz

Mr. Greengenes

Mr. Greengenes

Please don't depend on hand picking or you'll lose the crop. Caterpillars are amazingly hard to see and you'll only get about half of them that way. Earlier in the season when they first show up, hand picking is a good start, but later when they gather momentum, BT is the only way to go. The best way to spot them by eye (for hand picking) is by lying down under the plant and looking up.

T

tightwadisocal

thanks to you and all the other growers , seems unanamous the bt is the best avenue, ill be researching the best bt products to use available in my area.

S

socalsfinestmmj

BT!!! is all i say... saves lbs of medication. and good just gotta wait anf let sun bake it will degrade the bt so safe for harvest

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
safer spray with BT

use it now, thank us later :smiley_joint:

Top Bottom