Cxp 250 X 2 Or Platinum Led P600 X 2

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gwheels

gwheels

My tent and scrubber and organic nutrients from general have all arrived.

For the 2 x CXP250 lights I have to wait a couple of weeks on as they get the international shipping to Canada thing sorted.

But I saw those Platinum LED lights and they look pretty good too. 2 x 600 would be equal to about 650 actual watts and 4 x 5 foot core coverage.

Both will cost the same.

Which do you think would work better ?

They are both made in USA and use USA LEDs (Cree and Bridgelux i think for the platinum and all cree for the CXP250).

One would have 500 watts and the other 650 but do you think one would outshine the other for growing in a 4 x 4 ?

I think I would be happy with either because i don't have much to compare too :)

And I will be waiting about 4 weeks to set things up as I clear out the space and build a wall in the basement to keep nosy kids from asking whats that.

Homesteader

Homesteader

How can you tell which chips are US made? Are COBs made here?

gwheels

gwheels

Thanks sixstring. I needed to be talked off of that mars ledge. I will wait for the PLc bar

gwheels

gwheels

The cobs on the PLC bar are CREE cobs which are made in the USA. A few of the LED lights also use CREE and BRIDGELUX LED which i believe are both made in USA

gwheels

gwheels

Well that shows what I know :D

There are so many LED it is so confusing. With HID or a regular grow light it is a lot simpler to get a light that works as intended.

With LED they pretty much all make up claims about the effectiveness.

And anything decent is about the same price. 1100 USD for the light I would need.

BLACKDOG LED phytomax 400 1214.00
PLC 2 x CPX 250 1100.00
platinum LED 2 X p600 1300.00

What I really like about the PLC is I am a giant klutz so having a waterproof grow light might work out very much in my favor and they will surely work better than a Mars light of equivalent wattage. I would rather invest in something I can run a long time anyway.

That AMARE solar eclipse SE 450+ UVB looks pretty neat too. It combines CREE cxb3070 and 5 watt LED lighting but in a side by side grow comparison I saw the results were ok but not spectactular.

Like I said wow its confusing. Just when you think you have it figured out you find a new light with crazy claims.

Last edited:
Homesteader

Homesteader

I would build your own before buying blackdog, unless you need heat for your room to use CO2. I have a phytomax 800 and like it but not for the price. Chinese made or not, COBs are the way to go IMO.

sixstring

sixstring

How can you tell which chips are US made? Are COBs made here?

The cobs on the PLC bar are CREE cobs which are made in the USA. A few of the LED lights also use CREE and BRIDGELUX LED which i believe are both made in USA
none of the cob chips are made in the usa.but those plc fixtures are in fact designed,assembled and backed by people in the usa that actually grow weed not just make lights for profit.most these other companies are stictly building lights for profit and know nothing about lighting for our crops.

gwheels

gwheels

And then i changed my mind and ordered a light. There is a Canadian manufacturer which saves me all of the cross border stuff. It was specifically designed in BC to grow cannabis.

GrowthStar Scorpion 9X 550 Watt COB LED Grow Light

And the one light should cover my tent perfect.

It will be here in about 4 weeks and when i get everything set up i will document my first grow.

No matter what it will be better than my mars idea and it was 800 USD taxes and shipping all in. 3 year everything covered warranty too. I figured what have i got to lose :)

Top Bottom