Cycle Three: Sour Jack

• Thread starter Renseller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Renseller

Renseller

nice clean grow. thanks for the info. Are you using the. Jack's Pro 5-12- 26
Thanks

Thanks bangbang! Yes I use Jacks Pro along with Jacks Cal Nit for veg and first 4 weeks of bloom. I then exchange it for Blossom Booster 10-30-20 (with a little MgSO4 added to the mix).

Beautiful looking plants man, can't wait to see em at harvest.
Thank you Sacred, can't wait myself! I'm running out of flower and need a new strain to toke on. :D

Renseller

Renseller

Day 63 Update (photos taken many days previous):

DSC0518
 DSC0522
 DSC0529
 DSC0534

The biggest cola (right under the Black Dog, again!)
 DSC0527

Same cola with pen for size comparison.
 DSC0540

Looks like the garden won't be ready for another week or so. There are still many white hairs and clear trichs, a lot more maturing to be done.

I did toke on a sample from a small branch that broke off, and I have to say it surprised me. The buds densed up quite nicely after drying, and it all had a very pleasant smell and taste...super sweet and citrusy. I'm really looking forward to chop now that I know how it will turn out. :)

I have been mostly flushing with plain water and Drip Clean. I've given a couple feedings of Blossom Booster @ 400 ppm since they still have a bit of time to mature and I don't want them to starve completely. I've also decided to test out Terpinator for myself and fed it only to the right side of the tray, starting at a low dose and increasing it incrementally. They are now receiving 40 ml/gallon (or 100 ml total) a day. It's been about a week and you definitely can't tell if there's a difference, but maybe in the end there will be. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :D

Thanks for reading, and see you next time friends!

All the best,
Ren

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

spectacular budz...... looks like a lot of leaves towards the top of the canopy, how's the light penetration and bud density on the lowers?

Renseller

Renseller

spectacular budz...... looks like a lot of leaves towards the top of the canopy, how's the light penetration and bud density on the lowers?

After drying for some days, I've noticed the density of these nugs to be incredibly substantial for such a sativa dominant strain. I believe this to be a contribution of the LED lighting, but I would only validate this theory after drying and curing another Sour Jack plant that's been in a completely different environment. I do have a small one flowering outside, so I'll get back to you on my findings. Meanwhile, the popcorn is not particularly dense -- but I feel LEDs do penetrate the canopy decently, as the larf has a nice frost.

Thanks for the kind words Stank...I'm loving every moment of this process!

Namaste

Renseller

Renseller

Day 79 (Harvest Day):

Well...these girls took way longer than expected! After just over 12 weeks (yikes!) they still had many clear trichs shining through -- amongst the cloudy and few amber heads -- which made me nervous. But, after sampling some buds, I have concluded that it was ripe enough.

Their aroma is coming in as they cure...heavy citrus and fruity notes. Not much sour, more sweet and slightly "cheesy."

Their density is very impressive too, being how sativa it is. They are also noticeably sticky when broken apart, and the high has been "soaring." I am in the process of getting some tested...just for my own personal growth and understanding. :)

Being that I'm a caregiver, nothing brings me more joy than sharing this healing plant with others. I am especially proud of this run, and I hope my patients sense that, by finding relief from the medicine I created with my own love and care. Their wellbeing means so much to me!

Once cure is complete, I will update with a full smoke report (along with bud shots!)

Until then, Happy Harvest all!

Ren

DSC0517
 DSC0522
 DSC0529
 DSC0504
 DSC0503
 DSC0489

kds710

kds710

Awesome grow start to finish. Love seeing the concert crowd of colas always an awesome sight. One of the strains in my first indoor grow was Blue OG from G13 Labs and it was a longtime favorite

SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Awesome Job @Renseller and I can imagine your Patients will be quite Happy ..
:-)

Renseller

Renseller

What a stellar finish Renseller, Looking forward to your next grow. Reap in the rewords!:)
Thanks Orca! I am very pleased with G13 Labs. Thanks for all of your encouragement, I wish there was a way to share some of these rewards with you!

Awesome grow start to finish. Love seeing the concert crowd of colas always an awesome sight. One of the strains in my first indoor grow was Blue OG from G13 Labs and it was a longtime favorite
Thanks kds710! I was actually really impressed with G13 in terms of yield. The quality matches their size too, and on top of it each bud is nice and dense! I'm pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Awesome Job @Renseller and I can imagine your Patients will be quite Happy ..
:)
Thank you VT! I sure hope so. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom