cyco nutrients..any one heard if it??

• Thread starter mr english
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mr english

Any one used these nutrients?

My local shop is raving about this brand,think i might try them on my next run. had a little look about and seen favourable reports on other forums but not anything on here,any 1 had a run with these nutes?

N

noone88

I'm going to give it a try in my DWC rooms. My sales guy told me the company used to make AN's products, but they had a falling out.

The non-US versions of their products have PGRs.

GodZsoN

GodZsoN

Index 2
Index 1
Index
Index 3

I've been using cyco for quite sometime.. This grow was done in pure canna coco using nothing but cyco's full line up, no 3rd party addys.. great protien base nutes, if I'm not going fully organic, I'm goin matha fuckin cyco.. OGR Strawberry x18 scrogged out and a Presidential OG x Louie XIII OG reversed pollen tester..

Peace,
GodZsoN

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I'm going to give it a try in my DWC rooms. My sales guy told me the company used to make AN's products, but they had a falling out.

The non-US versions of their products have PGRs.
I didn't know that the US version didn't have PGR's, I thought they just didn't label them because they would have trouble selling? I assumed they were still PGR based, like rock nutrients are. Where did you get your info btw?

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

cycos good stuff. used it for a few harvests before going organic

N

noone88

I didn't know that the US version didn't have PGR's, I thought they just didn't label them because they would have trouble selling? I assumed they were still PGR based, like rock nutrients are. Where did you get your info btw?

I remember reading an article about cyco nutrients and how their "special" ingredients were PGR's. If you go to their website nutrient calculator, if you choose Non-USA, it will say PGRs.

It's the same thing with phosphoload, flower dragon, etc. IF they have to sell in the US, they have to label the bottle as poison, and probably other restrictions. So if you see bottles in the US, they're bringing it from other countries and not the usual distributors.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

noone88 can you point me to some data showing that they use pgrs??????

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I remember reading an article about cyco nutrients and how their "special" ingredients were PGR's. If you go to their website nutrient calculator, if you choose Non-USA, it will say PGRs.

It's the same thing with phosphoload, flower dragon, etc. IF they have to sell in the US, they have to label the bottle as poison, and probably other restrictions. So if you see bottles in the US, they're bringing it from other countries and not the usual distributors.

Thanks for the reply/info/confirmation noone, I had my suspicions that they were just changing the labeling, rather brewing new batch of nutes w/o the PGR's.

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

dudes the us cyco doesn't have pgr's the Australian version does but not here. i used cyco for 1 round at hit a mother fucking home run, the quality was unmatched and yield was great to, if it had pgr's the pot wouldn't be as good as cyco buds turn out. i'd reccomend them.

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

dudes the us cyco doesn't have pgr's the Australian version does but not here. i used cyco for 1 round at hit a mother fucking home run, the quality was unmatched and yield was great to, if it had pgr's the pot wouldn't be as good as cyco buds turn out. i'd reccomend them.
Why do you say that? how do you know it's not the PGR's that are making them turn out good? I'm still suspicious that they might have PGR's and that you really don't know for sure whether they do or don't have PGR's. Only thing I know is the US version doesn't have PGR's listed, do they sell there stuff in Oregon?

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

they do sell in oregon and pgr's decrease oil production and increase yield, they're for cash croppers mate!

N

noone88

I've seen both arguments for increase/decrease terpene production when used by PGR's. Even the manufacturers of PGR products state that one of the benefits is increased oil/terpene/aromatics (see Ooze yellow bottles).

However, from my experience, this factor is related to genetics and even a combination of when you use the PGR such as Phosphoload & Flower Dragon.

Either way, the product is still used frequently by cash croppers and it does increase yield. My hydro store recently got a $20k wholesale order of phosphoload only and they have wholesale orders ever 2 weeks of the stuff...

The most common method i've heard of people using it is for 3-4 days at approximately day 21. I don't know if the PGRs still stay in the plant for the remaining weeks, especially after a good flush. Unless someone does testing of the final product to see if the PGR is still in there, in poisonous amounts, then the use of PGRs will always be open for debate.

If you saw how most of our commercial meats and produce were grown and raised, I doubt you'd ever want to eat a McDonalds hamburger or fries either...

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

How is releasing his/your associates formula at 1/2 price karma? what exactly is 1/2 price? if you sell it to some one it will only be marketed by another company who will have to build up name just to possibly take a small piece of pie from not just cyco but other nute manufacturers. TBH I've never used cyco and have no desire for a duplicate version that was resold but the same formula. I realize you may need the money atm, but If you release it to the thcfarmer community(plenty of people making there own nutes) you'd help out the community immensely as well as paying back the people who stole from you. Where as if you sell it, you might not even make a dent in the people who supposedly ripped your associate off. I'm surprised he didn't just lie about his formulas, not like the super smart bikers going to be like "hey man wtf, these ratios are off!"

KitsapGrapeApe

KitsapGrapeApe

lol maybe thats why they call em Cyco nutes cause the owner is a Cyco. but seriously cyco is a rebranded nutrient line, i haven't gotten to the bottom of which one yet but i think it's dutch master. it doesn't matter to me if its rebranded i don't care, it works great one of the top ones out, all though most line ups now a days are top notch not many stand head and shoulders above the rest.

N

noone88

1/2 price is half price, that simple. We sell direct so we know our customers will not be being fed BS. If you look at our site you'll find it is loaded with grow info that is there to help our clients. To do this takes time and time is money. E.g. to date several partners have invested over 2 million. If you visit our site and actually read the scrolling text at top and about us it is self explanatory - or use the menu bar "ABOUT US". The karma is my associate (a guy I very much liked and who was well respected by the industry who is now bankrupt because of the Cyco behind Cyco - did I mention that not only did these bikie rags hurt him but his wife and 2 children also) loses nothing while Mr Cyco suddenly has his products prices sold at half price direct to growers and he loses money (half price with delivery included). All good karma for my associate (actually me too because Mr Cyco owes me a few dollars as well) - albeit altruistically. And the Cyco formulas are the AN formulas - not the Dutch Master formulas. There's another story in itself and I will write about this when I publish the Cyco behind Cyco. And yes, they are good formulas (they were rejigged in Australia by a chemist friend of mine and I have tweaked them further since). Hope this clarifies things.

Peace

Glow

Is Cyco going to close down?

FlyingSkull

FlyingSkull

Interesting reading, I do not think that understanding nutrients and how to use them properly is really that complicated and would require a chemistry degree. It is really very simple and by doing just a little bit of research can be easily understood. It is VERY common to see peeps trying to over complicate things as opposed to trying to make things more simple and easy to understand.

A more helpful class to to take if someone wanted to get educated to help themselves would be in plant biology and not chemistry, that is for sure. Most of the experienced growers found on public forums do not seem to even understand basic plant functions or "plant biology" at all.

Stick with the basics and keep it simple and you will have great success!

I do agree with one thing, there is so much bad information mixed in with snake oils that it can be difficult to sort through the nonsense. Unfortunately it seems as far as public forums go, the biggest offenders of spreading myth and bad habits comes from the most experienced growers on the forum. The poor sheep do not stand a chance in most cases trying to mimic these so called "pro's" or duplicate there methods.

The best advice I was ever given was to find better sources for information than public forums if your really serious about learning to do things the "right" way and not the "popular" way.

hunie.beez

hunie.beez

Hello, my name is Glow...
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... BLAH! ;)

dankworth

dankworth

Just a quick example. For instance, if I were to throw up a formula for a product such as I don't know - lets say the formula is 125 grams calcium nitrate, 1.6 grams ammonium nitrate, 56 grams magnesium nitrate etc etc etc + micros. That isn't a formula - you need to also understand that every batch varies in purity and every brand is different. So you run off to your Ag supplier and let's say buy Yarra or Haifa base fertilizers. Only thing is what you don't know is that their calcium nitrate is calcium ammonium nitrate (CAN) when the formula actually requires calcium nitrate tetrahydrate and then what percentage would the micros be? Add to this what percentage of elemental nutrients were in the original fertilizers that we used in the original formulation etc. I have limited time to cruise forums but many of the formulas I have seen placed up are disastrous concoctions clearly developed by people with no idea or maybe even put up as a joke (certainly to me they must have been a joke). The thing that wasn't funny was that in the wrong hands these formulas would simply kill plants. Bottom line - if you want to learn nutrient chemistry do a degree in chemistry or a related subject and/or learn properly hands on working with someone who does understand the chemistry and has experience in this field

How much variation is there between batches? Within 3%? 5%?
How about micros? What specific recommendations would you make regarding proportions?
Specific data on how to make a formula better or more successful would be far more useful than attempting to discourage some of us from making nute formulations from salts.
Or you can monopolize this information, I would understand why if you chose to do that.

In the wrong hands would your formula kill plants?

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

^^well put dank, your pretty much saying we are all doing it wrong, but not saying how because we aren't intelligent enough to understand? How about you try to put out the info and try us? Not all of us may have a degree in chemistry but also not all of us are complete idiots who don't know how to grow like your friend "mr. brown thumb".

Latest posts

Top Bottom