Dabzpro Extractor Bomb!!! Beware!

• Thread starter mrsmarybrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

Update on Dabzpro Extractors! BEWARE!!!

A BOMB! A BOMB, A BOMB!!! POOR QUALITY! Substandard engineering, Sub standard parts, ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE customer service. it was leaking badly, I pressurized it to find the leaks, every taped seam from the factory leaked! The whole system had to be repiped. Under pressure, the bottom of the collection chamber blew out and rounded like a balloon, won't sit flat anymore. There obviously was no engineer involved with the development of Dabzpro products. The vacuum gauge gave up the ghost, and some parts still have not even arrived from the MFG yet, weeks later!

I am up early today to strip it, pack it, and ship this hunk of garbage back to the MFG. He blamed me and said that the system should never have been pressurized and put under water and that one valve needs to be left open at all times. His system is NOT a CLS! It did not even have the capabilities built in to put it under vacuum. Dabzpro stated that his system is not to be pressurized and it does not need to have the atmosphere evacuated by vacuum. He tried to tell me that the CPS TR21 would evacuate all the oxygen automaticly. lol. Like I said an engineered bomb!

The scum bag is very hard to deal with and is definitely not a stand up guy. He also won't give me my money back until 30 days after he receives the returned merchandise! So I guess I will get my money back sometime between now and when hell freezes over.

You get what you pay for in this world and it sure shows with his extractor. GARBAGE!!! It would make a shiny umbrella stand however!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
How did you pay for the item? Credit card? Paypal?

File a dispute with whom ever, Pack the item w/ tracking # and signature required. Send it back and file the dispute.

Glad you were not hurt using cheap products :D

Theres always full melt hash! :P

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

No, no one hurt. We were doing a full test run up prior to opening the butane. Payed with a credit card. As soon as I ship it back today and have the documentation I will file a dispute with the credit card company!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
If your CC company asks what the item was just tell them it was supposed to be, an extractor to remove the essential oil's from flowers and fruits ect ect ect, totally legal totally legit :D

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

If your CC company asks what the item was just tell them it was supposed to be, an extractor to remove the essential oil's from flowers and fruits ect ect ect, totally legal totally legit :D

It was actually imported as a milk pail and filtration system. lol

N

Nobull420

This guy is crazy! We have used our Dabzpro System hundreds of times and have had no such problems! He must work for a competitor like terpx or have no knowledge of how to read directions and run a CLS machine. IMO

N

Nobull420

The fact that you blew out the pressure gauge proves you were doing something wrong! Very, Very Wrong! The pressure gauges are certainly engineered to handle the operating pressures this vessels directions tell you to.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

This guy is crazy! We have used our Dabzpro System hundreds of times and have had no such problems! He must work for a competitor like terpx or have no knowledge of how to read directions and run a CLS machine. IMO
Bullshit!Lets tell it like it is,you have 3 posts,2 here calling this person a liar and one other post pushing dabzpro ovens.If anyone works for anybody its you pushing dabzpro products.
I dont have any horse in this race but its pretty obvious you do.

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

Didn't have a horse in the race, but due to the horrendous service we received from Dabzpro and their poorly designed system at the time, we most assuredly do now!

A bomb waiting to happen is exactly what it was. I can not see a Dabzpro extractor being granted proper certified for legal use anywhere in North America with its present milk pail design! Why do you think they came out with the optional upgrade, switching from the milk pail type bomb to the "Classic" spool design. It's sub par engineering does NOT meet any present safety requirements or certifications! Lets see the certifications. Lets see their product liability insurance.... a tough road to hoe even for a certified system.

I've been producing Hash Oil, Original Honey Oil and Pot Oil commercially since the late 1970's and have no problem debating the pros and cons of present day CLS systems. If you have any pertinent questions nobull420 bring em on! If you're just a troll for Dabzpro take a hike, trolls are not wanted or needed for the sharing of open knowledge in this or any forum supporting the Concentrate Industry.

Last edited:
Calixylon

Calixylon

Some closed loop systems truly dont need a pump to evacuate the solvent, look at sweet leaf extractors. Not to say this company makes theres like that, and obviously still seems like shitty connections. But if it was a system that wasnt meant to be pressurised, then pressurizing it will in turn fuck up every connection and damage said device.

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

Some closed loop systems truly dont need a pump to evacuate the solvent, look at sweet leaf extractors. Not to say this company makes theres like that, and obviously still seems like shitty connections. But if it was a system that wasnt meant to be pressurised, then pressurizing it will in turn fuck up every connection and damage said device.

Any Hydrocarbon CLS system using butane, propane or a mix of the two, definitely creates pressure and vacuum during the extraction and recovery process and must be manufactured to a certain standard and burst rating to be eligible for certification.

For certification, most parts are manufactured to maintain efficacy and a burst rating of 3 X 150 psi making the the burst rating 450 psi. Most properly operated systems will never see such high psi and will only see 20-30 psi, but they must be capable of handling the associated safety pressures. Obviously a passively operated system would not reach such high pressures, but Most certified CLS systems parts are manufactured to a minimum 150 psi rating. But things do sometimes go wrong, go wrong, go wrong.... and pressures could quite easily rise above 100 psi! Safety is the reason why we have certifications in the first place.

The DP system was pressurized to only 30 psi and sprung leaks everywhere, the bottom blew out and rounded and the 30 psi pressure gauge malfunctioned and warped at 30 psi (a very, very, cheap dry gauge)! They claim it to be a CLS system so what gives with the pressures?

The engineered shape of DP milk pail design would not meet any ASME or other certifications that i am aware of. I will not put the safety of myself or any other persons running our systems at risk with such a poorly designed and manufactured system! Safety comes FIRST when dealing with highly volatile hydrocarbons!

Calixylon

Calixylon

oops missed some of that last post, yea if you blew your gaskets on 30psi and bent the housing bottom, i would most definetly be bummed. Hopefully you can get it worked out.

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

oops missed some of that last post, yea if you blew your gaskets on 30psi and bent the housing bottom, i would most definetly be bummed. Hopefully you can get it worked out.

Yep, its got me too, I'm with you there, why would you ever need to check for leaks, when using a CLS that cycles and contains 40-60 cans of volatile butane gas is beyond me. lol. This wasn't a small passive system with only 2-3 cans on board. It was marketed and sold as their largest and Active CLS package that did contain and use large amounts of hydrocarbons and did require the use of different pumps!

There still would have been problems even if the system was only designed and meant to be run passively, because it leaked when Vac tested!!! If I had charged the system with Butane, it would have been escaping the system at many various points on the extractor and system and would have been nothing but an accident waiting to happen.

This DP system was promoted and sold by DP as an ACTIVE system. When Butane and oxygen meet the critical explosive level, it's game over, doesn't matter if you are running passively or active.

Cheers!

mrsmarybrown

mrsmarybrown

That was all long ago, water over the bridge as far I am concerned, and I have put the whole situation well behind me. Did I get it worked out to my satisfaction...NO, they hosed me!

There are many good CLS systems out there, unfortunately there are also many charlatans and hucksters mixed in amongst the brush. All I can say is do your homework. Technologies in the Concentrate Industry are jumping ahead in leaps and bounds these days, with a little knowledge and research anyone should be able to find a quality system that will work for them. Just use Due Diligence!

Calixylon

Calixylon

Im glad you informed me though, my friend who runs a small company thats geared towards cannabis concentrates, and properly educating the masses on what can go wrong, definetly would appreciate a heads up on bad products, shitty service, and downright dangerous deadly pactices. When i watched the fight last weekend i was with a friends gf who works in the DA's office. Shes seen multiple cases of BHOtards blwoing themselves up, but if people drop large amountas of money on a CLS that isnt safe to use they seriously do have a huge bomb, not a big flash from butane being ignited, but a massive pipe bomb.

Hash Monkey

Hash Monkey

Agreed. A junk machine from a company that is run by someone that is a nice guy, but total idiot. These machines are unsafe, and now their business is branching into brewing.
I would strongly advise, from my own personal experiences with them, to AVOID anything to do with them. I was ripped off a few grand in services by DABZSCHMO...

Graywolf

Graywolf

My personal advice would be to buy a machine that has been certified for the purpose. You will need a certified machine if you open a licensed cannabis extraction business, and they have to pass ASME Section VIII requirements to get certified.

It cost about $12K for me to certify the WolfWurx Mk IVC and VC Terpenators, which is one of the cost of doing business.

Top Bottom